The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a thought and want others opinion. This is on a R62 with CDF. Just bought a high wire concave. My old one was a low wire with every other wire removed. Don't do much small grain but have done some and plan on doing some this year. With my old concave I just made my own filler bars with flat bar but with this high wire the filler bars will be almost flush with concave bar. It won't do much thrashing like that. I found a piece of F2 channel concave and with a slight grinding it will fit between the bars to work as fillers and still have an edge to thrash. The thing is if I run 3 the first few rows will be closer clearance because the F2 concave will stick slightly above the existing concave bars. I'm thinking it will work ok by adjusting front of concave down some. They won't all be even but it will still be better than the first 3 bars being flush. What are your thoughts on this?

·
Registered
125 Posts
you don't use filler bars you use a block off plate on the back side of concave . it will fill up in a few seconds when you start to harvest and then act like a filler bar from then on. you mount them from the rear and use j bolts to attach them to your wires, after you take the nut off and pull them off and blow out the packed debris and on to the next crop, all in about 15 min or so. mine are curved from top to bottom at the same curvature as the concave and 4" wide, have eight of them total and they cover 6 bars total,(have a stripper head in wheat) and they have one hole in the middle for the one J bolt to hold them up in place.

·
Registered
219 Posts
How thick is the steel? I use filler bars with four bolts on each one. Those sound alot quicker to chang out with one j bolt each.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts