The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2388 concave keeps pluging up with trash. I am cutting corn. Moisture is between 14 to 16. Rotors turning 400. I have tryed my concave from 2.5 to 4. My rasps and spikes look pretty wore,could this be causing this .

·
Registered
657 Posts
try round bar concaves we run them in our 8010 and they work perfect they will not fill up with trash. i know caseih offers them for the older smaller combines also. also try a set of kuchar concaves they work very good as well i know of guys running kuchar and loves them. with the round bars they stay clean and wipe there selvs clean. let me know if you need any more info

·
Registered
809 Posts
I think they make round bar concaves for 2388's, not cheap though. They work really well in high yielding corn.
About the only thing you can do to clean the concaves is to keep tightening them up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This one has a wire concave with everywhere wire removed. What's The difference between the round and the wire. We have had this machine for three years and never had this prob.

·
Registered
657 Posts
the round bars are made to self clean with them you dont get the trash buildup they do seem to run easier than the others we are really impressed with them. for ours they were around 950 dollars for a set of two. we tried pulling every other wire on our old concaves and it still plugged after going with the round bars never had another problem. maybe with the drier corn you will be fine but after seeing how much better our machine worked with the round bars we will keep them in. i think you would like them if you are doing much corn. good luck this fall hope things go good for you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts