The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Needing some information on leveling the concave in my R65...what is the proper way to level the concave...what should you make the space and what would you use to measure with (tape measure or rod or bolt???)...where is the proper place to make the measurement at...we are only picking corn this year and are having some trouble with it loading down and thought it might need some adjustments...any info is appreciated...thanks

·
Registered
410 Posts
Book says like .4" I think. Remove inspection cover just behind gear box an below it. Put rotor in neutral. Tighten concave while spinning rotor till you hear a bar hit concave. Open concave just enough it doesn't hit. We then use a piece of 3/8" square bar stock about an inch long or cut you a sliver of 3/8" thick steel and we weld that onto a 2-3 foot piece of 1/8" dia rod. We use welding rod like is used for heli arc welding. With the bar that hit on concave directly above the first bar on the front grate stick the 3/8" square stock thru the inspection hole and slide it between concave bar and cylinder bar. Should be able to slide it thru with out hitting and you can visibly look through the inspection hole and see if there is to match gap. It's a pain in the butt to do. Just need to be pretty close. It's not a precision deal by any means.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I start by making the rotor just touch the concave like described above. But i'm a little different I use a tape measure and adjust it accordingly across the entire rotor to level it. What I do as far as tolerances I find a few ears of corn shell them by hand and measure the width of the cob then adjust the concave accordingly just so you squeeze the kernals off the cob. Ya want the bars to just barely indent the cob not tear it up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.