The Combine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of this concave setup in soyabeans & corn on a 9750STS. Helicoil 1st, round bar 2nd,3rd. Want it to thrash good but also be gentle on the soyabeans. Any comments or ideas greatly appreciated.
JDMAD

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bundybear. Will all round bar thrash corn at about 20 percent moisture? My peanuts are looking good so far but still got a long way to go, there only 9 wks old. Planting that late always gives us reduced yields but what can you do. You get what mother nature gives us hey. Do you have JD STS combines?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Round bars will shell corn past 40 percent . I know because I had corn killed by frost at 40 plus and it would not dry naturally.So I harvested it at 38-40 percent

·
Registered
961 Posts
we run quite abit of corn thru our machine at mid thirties and some up to forty with all round bars but if you want the best go with Kuchars concave

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
yes round bar are designed for higher moisture corn. i run a jd 9660 STS. i hope the peanuts make it thru, my father was a peanut and corn grower in the south burnett.
i miss it a lot actually.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey bundybear. How do you think round bar will go in soyabeans tho. Will they open the pods ok? If you don`t harvest soys do you know anyone who does that you might be able to ask about round bars in soyabeans for me. Thanks Heaps.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
i run round bar for soy bean, corn, fabas and mung beans, i think they do a fine job over a wide range of conditions

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
i don't do a lot of soybeans jdmad but i think they will be fine. i agree with pj, i use them for mung and navy beans and they work well.

·
Registered
961 Posts
we also do quite abit of soys and others including black beans, pintos, and black-eyed peas. use the round bar for all of them.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys. You`s have convinced me, Round bar it is. Sounds like they do everything. What about wheat? I`ve got small wire ones tho so maybe i should change back to them for wheat hey.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
yeah put the small wires back in for wheat. i think you are on the right track, round bars will do all your summer crops up there. on a side note, are you getting any of this rain? there has been 6-8 inches just west of dalby, we are real wet .

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No no more rain yet. Don`t really need any yet anyway. Is the rain effecting your crops much? What have you got in the ground at present?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
There is mainly only late sorghum in the ground down here, this will be more than enough to finish it. The early crops got cooked, but at least there will be heaps of subsoil moisture for the wheat to go in a few a months. Unbelievable weather system though, the monsoonal low pulled right down from darwin, into western qld and heading south toward nsw now! Parts of western qld on the edge of the desert got 10+ inches and the western rivers are all hammering now!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts