The Combine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you get a 10mm bolt into the hole on a 2011 cr9080 combine.
It has a 3/8 bolt in now but seems very loose, tried to get a 10mm in there wouldn't fit.
has anybody every done that

·
Registered
479 Posts
I think mine is tight enough it has to be threaded in

·
Registered
656 Posts
I've never replaced the concave shear bolt but I remember reading a thread on here that they should be metric. The standard break too easily

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I know a guy that would get 700 ft to a shear bolt in tough canary. Finally gave up and let the Gleaner take it off. Everything is fine when conditions are right. Where I live that isn't the norm. Mudbining and wet straw are all to common here. If you don't own a dryer you don't get your crop off it seems. I often wondered why they wouldn't have made a different set up. Gleaners way back had a door that would pop open if you hit an obstruction. They had a wrench you closed the door with and away you went. 1960's technology! You could adjust the tension on the door if it popped to easily. Now considering this is 2021 and technology has advanced apparently, the use of a bolt to keep the concave closed seems like something the caveman invented. Use of an eccentric and a spring with the ability to close it, or even open it, with hydraulics from the cab could have been engineered into this setup. The price one pays surely an engineer out of kindergarten could design it. Every combine made has that WTF built into it someplace that a guy scratches his head about. New Hollands is this bolt!!

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
I know a guy that would get 700 ft to a shear bolt in tough canary. Finally gave up and let the Gleaner take it off. Everything is fine when conditions are right. Where I live that isn't the norm. Mudbining and wet straw are all to common here. If you don't own a dryer you don't get your crop off it seems. I often wondered why they wouldn't have made a different set up. Gleaners way back had a door that would pop open if you hit an obstruction. They had a wrench you closed the door with and away you went. 1960's technology! You could adjust the tension on the door if it popped to easily. Now considering this is 2021 and technology has advanced apparently, the use of a bolt to keep the concave closed seems like something the caveman invented. Use of an eccentric and a spring with the ability to close it, or even open it, with hydraulics from the cab could have been engineered into this setup. The price one pays surely an engineer out of kindergarten could design it. Every combine made has that WTF built into it someplace that a guy scratches his head about. New Hollands is this bolt!!
The ones made in the last 5 years don’t use the shear bolt anymore. It’s hydraulic.

·
Super Moderator
3,745 Posts
The ones made in the last 5 years don’t use the shear bolt anymore. It’s hydraulic.
Point of interest, sea greens do not use an accumulator on the hydraulic concave suspension anymore.
Setting never moves more than a mm or two.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Point of interest, sea greens do not use an accumulator on the hydraulic concave suspension.
Setting never moves more than a mm or two.
New Holland is not hydraulic, but a spring trip mechanism. Not a spring cushion. My understanding would be concave stays pretty much at set position all the time until pressure becomes too great causing it to trip out completely and then a reset needs to take place by running concave adjustment switch down as if lowering concaves and then back up to your desired position.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
New Holland is not hydraulic, but a spring trip mechanism. Not a spring cushion. My understanding would be concave stays pretty much at set position all the time until pressure becomes too great causing it to trip out completely and then a reset needs to take place by running concave adjustment switch down as if lowering concaves and then back up to your desired position.
new holland must be years behind on the shear bolt or spring trip mechanism
what's wrong with a ram and a accumulator sitting up there

1 - 12 of 12 Posts