The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this topic has been gone over lots... but i am in need of a new set of concaves for my 2388. I combine mostly peas, CPS, canola, barley, oats, flax and a little bit of hard red wheat ( that's always a problem)
Anyway i have been running just the the IH concaves a narrow wire in the front and then changing the back 2 from either narrow or wide wire depending on what crop we are doing. Its a pain in the a**.. also some times adding 2 filler plates to the front concave and also leaving the concave interrupter bars in the front concave most of the time.

On my 1688 i have been running just one set of sunny brooks and this is how i have it setup. it good in most things.. but dose not preform very well in hard red wheat. I also really like how well they are built, unless u have to take them out.

Front

Middle

3rd Concave

I really want to only have to have one set of concaves. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess I should have included the 2388 is an 2004 with the AFX and the 1688 has a specialty rotor. Also anyone here running Howard concaves?

·
Registered
467 Posts
We ran a 2001 2388 with Howard Concaves and the AFX rotor for the past three years. A lot of people seem to be against them but we were really happy with them. They seem to be well built and it's nice to be able to put them in and leave them there. We mainly grow Peas, HRS and Canola.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Put a set of wide wire harvest services concaves in a 1688 last season. Seem to work very well. Harvested peas, canola, flax and hrsw. Just add cover plates as needed. Getting too old to be swapping cocaves for different crops. Also installed a set of kile rotor flights that worked very well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts