The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what the fix is to keep the trash out of the concaves.
I have large wire in the front and skip wire in the back.
I've tried 320-450 on the rotor
5-7.5 on the concave setting.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
975 Posts
Ok we ran our 8010 with a 12 row head in 100 bpa corn this year and 180 bpa corn last year. Here is the settings we used......

3 Round Bars in front
1 Skip wire in the right front
All skip wire after that
4 straight bars
4 set of spiked tooth rasp bars
Concaves at 5-6 last year (4-5) this year
Rotor 420-450 rpm
Left side...... No vanes. They have been removed
Right side.....Vanes from front to just past front 2 modules a little less than half. Vanes over rear 2 modules are full back.(Fast position)

You can put a total of 8 straight bars on the rotor if you need too. We have 4 straight bars on the rear 4 spots. In the front 4 spots we have 8 spiked tooth rasp bars(4 pairs of 2). This will balance it out.

The front concave on the right side is a skip wire. The dealer said that if you run all round bars in high yielding higher moisture corn it will plug there. The skip wire will let more out. The other 3 front ones are round bars, and the back are all skip wires. Also I run the pre sieve at least half way open in corn.

Hope this helps.....
……We run this same setup in beans too. The only change was 4 small wires for wheat.

·
Registered
262 Posts
If your refering to the "real rotor" that he has, it sounds like he is having trouble with it.
ie (concaves plugging in corn on 8010). I'm sure everyone wants that!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are right Big A. I am not too impressed with JD. I wanted a class 8 machine. Not a class 6 with the motor juiced. We did put all round bars in the front and cure the the problem. Thanks guys for your help. This site is awesome.

·
Registered
975 Posts
See its not the combine.....It's just a matter of finding the right combination of settings to get the machine set right. That is the beauty of these red machines. They are very simple not an overly complex design. You have so many different combinations of modules, rasp bars, and settings to make it work for all types of crops, and situations. Guess thats what happens after 30 years of R&D. Red is the originator not the imitator. Deere can't say that.....

You are right powerstroke at least the 8010 is a true class 8....
. Glad you got the problem fixed. Good luck with the rest of your harvest....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts