The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about this drill and its ability. Cutting through thick lodged stubble, depth and seed placement, reliability/durability.

Any experience with their tanks/technology?

TIA
Brad

·
Registered
101 Posts
They are a great company to work with, but the machine just isnt that great in my experience. If you do full tillage it may be better. In notill, had so much hairpinning issues. So much wear. In 24000 acres, I spent around $80000 in rebuilds on it. They claim works great for speed, but unfortunately not built for it. I went back to a hoe drill. much happier

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are a great company to work with, but the machine just isnt that great in my experience. If you do full tillage it may be better. In notill, had so much hairpinning issues. So much wear. In 24000 acres, I spent around $80000 in rebuilds on it. They claim works great for speed, but unfortunately not built for it. I went back to a hoe drill. much happier
Thanks for sharing your experience. We are looking to only seed cereals, wheat/oats, with it into pea (lodged often) and canola stubble. We liked the idea of the single rank of openers for ease of checking and working on versus crawling around and over stuff with say a 1895 JD disk drill, etc. Was hoping there would be only great reviews, lol. Wishful thinking it seems.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
$80000. That’s a lot. What were the main expenses? How many acres on a set of disks?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Bearings, discs, bearings, discs, scrapers, scrapers, more scrapers, seed tubes, seed boots...oh, I did I mention bearings! Then bushings wear, but unfortunately they wear into the casting first...thats when I dumped it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts