The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
plugged the beater in front of the rotor. probably was running 500 cyl and 650 rotor. the beans were nothing special as far as volume, and no big chunk went in the header. usually the pre-separator is the first to plug anyway and i've never had anything make it back this far. upon inspection, some tailings had made it past the rotor intake and started to try to come around the top of the beater in front of the rotor. the flighting on the front of the rotor was tight and in place. i see some wear on the beater fins, looks like maybe 0.25" worn off the inside of the fins where most of the action is. shouldn't be enough to cause poor feeding. is there some place that a bunch of crap can accumulate between the pre-separator and the rotor and that a chunk came loose and went in?

also when i got out to investigate the above problem, had some smoldering bean dust around the idler pulley on the cleaning fan drive (the one inside that stupid door on the right side that you have to take 5 or 6 bolts loose instead of one bolt and a hinge like the left..grrr) also some smoldering on the spring and tension gauge. would normally assume that a bearing is going out above and had dropped some hot debris, but ran the combine and cant find even a hot bearing. by the time a bearing is throwing fire i would expect that it would be at least noticeable. anybody have any ideas what might have caused this? there was some buildup of dust around that idler, as there always is, but i blow it out every morning. any experiences would be helpful...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.