The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody out there run a 2042,52,62 on a 2388 or similar? We took delivery of 2062 and '05 2388 which the dealer said was ready to turn the key and go. Alls good except no fore aft, header tilt, reel speed, or auto header height. Found a coiled up wire in the left end compartmetnt and were told to route this up into the cab. Did so and now seem to have reel speed, fore aft, and reel speed control. Still no header height. One guy at the dealer says we have all the parts and it should work, but the service guy says we need anothe wire harness. Sure appreciate any pics of your hook ups. I can show some pics of what we think we need to hook up. Also, when we put a little pressure on the guage wheels the adapter wants to jump off the feeder. We made sure the two bottom locks were tight. Is there another securing pin that we may have missed? Any help would be greatly appreciated as harvest is approaching and we sure don't want to dig into the old one if it can be avoided. Thanks,

·
Registered
561 Posts
Make sure you take the pins out of the white float lock outs on each side of the adapter by the coil springs. When you say no header height do you mean the float optimizer AHHC? If so it works off of the header floatation springs and will not work until the floatation springs are unlocked. The sensor is located on the third link in front of the wind shield. Does your combine have the round grey three pin connector connected to the header?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Steigerman. The dealer service tech says we need a connector to go from the large, round multi pin on the adapter to the two round grey on the combine.
Does this sound right? Another guy at the dealership says it should work from the 3 pin flat (I think that might be the lights). If we had a book it might help, but I guess they aren't included with a two year old header. I printed the 974FD book, but it doesn't offer much help with the electronic connectors. Wish we could get the part. It supposedly has been on order from MD for 3 weeks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts