The Combine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have 2 8010"s and are considering a change to a NH. Was wanting to know how the guys with 9070"s are liking them? How about the conventional? We farm about 7000 acres of grain and oilseed in western Manitoba and can see some pretty tuff harvest conditions. I have concern with the belt drive rotors,the cvt on a Case is very nice. How are the elec stone traps,we have some stone. would be great to hear form other owners. Has anyone ran them side by side?

·
Registered
105 Posts
A neighbour demoed a 9070 beside his 8010's and admitted to them having quite a bit more capacity and did a nice job and did spread the straw better also.

G

·
heard a farmer in elm creek had a new holland 9080 out in the field against 2 8010's. This was in a field of oats.
The New Holland ran circles around the case combines all day mostly, untill it ran into a beaverhut. They plugged the new holland and they spend some time unplugging it.
part from that I think the new holland will do a much better job of sample and capacity than the case.
Building quility..... I think new holland is a little bit behind.
If you have good dealer support I would go for a new holland over the Case IH. way more capacity and nicer sample.

·
Premium Member
5,770 Posts
Don't know how NH is behind in build quality since the rotaries are put together by the same people who put together the Case Combines.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the quality of the Case combine is down now that they are built at Grand Island compared to when machines were built at the East Moline. We used to jump around between 88 ser Cases and New Holland TR's and the 1st few days out with the New Hollands always required more finishing touches that should have been taken care of at the factory. Actually,aside from the Fargo plant, Case quality seems down accross the board to me! As for the 9080/8010 comparison,aren't those a differant class of combine?

·
Registered
293 Posts
9080 is class 9 and actually biggest combine in North America. I don't think that the quality has gone down necessarily due to the move to grand island, just a move towards capacity and away from longevity. I think all manufacturers could move towards longevity, looking to demo a 9070 or even a 9065 next year. I think the 9065 will be an industry leader if people give it a shot.

·
Premium Member
5,770 Posts
Actually, there are 2 9090s in Western Canada. Basically a 9080 with the compound turbo Cursor 13 in it. They are doing some tests to see if they should bring them over or build them here.

I'd take a 9070 over a 9065 any day. The larger rotors coupled with the 10 inch wider cleaning area make for a much more versatile machine. I don't see the attraction, since its only 1000 lbs lighter than a 9070, so its not exactly a lightweight that the custom guys would want. The 9065 idea must have come from a deere engineer -just put more power to it!!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
One of the 9090's is in our area right now. only pushing 36 ft tho. 7 mph in 65 bushel spring wheat to keep it full, made the 580 in the field look silly.

·
Registered
125 Posts
If your talking about wes's 580? you wont hear him say that. anyway I heard that one was sold to a guy around Melita. have no idea if its true or who the guy is.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
I was told .5 mph faster than the 580 and same at night. NH chopped better. That's all Ive heard. Wish they'd bring it out to see our 590's but that doesn't seem to be happening our salesman called us before harvest but haven't heard from him since. I think calling a 9080 bigger than a 590 is a little presumptious. In a good winter wheat crop we can pretty well average the same bushels per hour as the 9090 did when it set the record and actually put straw through the combine at the same time. I combined beside a 580 the other day and honestly I was getting 1.5 hoppers to his one no problem. In fairness I have no idea if he was pushing the 9080 at all. A friend of mine neer killarney has a couple of 9080's and is very happy with them. They had the 9090 out and said it was quite a bit faster than the 9080's but the fuel use difference was horrible. I might call the salesman tomorrow to see if we can get it for a day, were always in the market for bigger combines.

·
Super Moderator
4,011 Posts
I think there's another thread for this but I learned on Friday that the CR9090 will NOT be coming to my area, too bad, I put all my wheat in 20.7m (exactly
) swathes, as PP as the crop was in 90+% of the area all combines would have met there match, one way or the other
, it was the only way to give my 595 a decent load.
Wheat has actually surprised me, it can take dry spells better than any other crop.
Canola, on the other hand, is going to be, as my youngest, non-farming brother Larry says, "recreational combining".

He's got it!

Don

1 - 13 of 13 Posts