The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I farm in southwestern Ontario and am considering a used 8010; - we have a nearby CaseIH dealer who seems to provide excellent service and he currently has 2 8010's on his lot. Any tips on what to look for on these units? What questions should I ask regarding updates or service issues? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I admittedly know very little about these machines. No colour wars please, as I'm moderately happy with my 9660; - I'm just looking for a little more capacity and I like some of the features on the 8010.

Thanks!

·
Registered
717 Posts
I have an 04 8010 and really like it. They tell me that the 07 have more power and have the bugs worked out already. Not that my 04 had a lot of problems the only real problem that I had was some control presure issues but CIH came out with a new style sensor last year and I have had no problems since. I think you would really like the 8010. Good Luck.

Joe

·
Registered
247 Posts
If you get an 8010 put a flexdraper on it. Stoltz in Listowel have a used 36' 2062 that you might be able to pry off them but I think they want to keep it to go with their used 7010.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
that new of machine we have had very little trouble with, something you should consider, those darn metal j clips on feeder chain, you have to bent over, break, not a good thing, case has a new syle link that has self locking bolts, this has been an issue , software version 21 , check seivies are they bent up, adjust on the go, need to be careful or will fill fan with grain, my experience set seives machine not running clean debris out , chopper bearings and shaft have they been greased , right hand inside rotating bearing, my 2 cents worth, motor no problems on our end, any questions, ask away, scott.

·
Registered
293 Posts
If I were to do it over again I would have bought the 8010 that I about had last fall; but decided to keep the 9760 another year. They are great combines. I didn't want to see the demo leave, only problem is I have older operators that are a little scared of computers.

·
Registered
104 Posts
We considered both combines this last year. I admit I am Red blooded but last harvest our cousin came over with their 9860 and it blew me away. I would say it depends on what you harvest. We are mainly fall wheat growers but cut lentils, garbonzos and dry peas as well. In the pulse crops(lentils, garbs, and peas) the JD header is far better. He had a 635F Hydraflex, this header was amazing, it could get right on the ground and take crop razor close.

The 8010 however is a grain hog. In our bread and butter, fall wheat, it has more capacity and while samples were comparable it seemed to save a bit better.

Our other deciding factor was service, in our area dealerships have their favorite customers. We definitely are not on the green boys list, at harvest when we need service we need it in a hurry! CIH has the local support to do that for us. Anyways that's my opinion, either way I think they are both good machines.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Go with the 07. See if you can squeze out some kind of warranty from them ( even if it's only 60 days) after they get done bragging up how reliable the machine is.

·
Registered
179 Posts
We have had two 8010's first one was a 04 and was junk. Some issues were fuel tank leaked started on fire. Hydraulic pressure never stayed the same, usually to low to lift 12 row chopping head. We should have hired a electrician from a B2 bomber to come in and fix everything. It was so bad head people from case came out and said this is junk and got us a new one 06 model. That thing was a corn hog and really kept are trucks and 2 grain carts hopping. All around week points I have seen is feeder house chains are too weak The last two years we went through 4-5 and had fixed numerous ones. One comparison was i ran a sts 9660 last fall with a 8 row head and never had a problem with the feeder house chain, not once. I think the fact you are shoving 2x as much material and the setup for the feeder house is a stress point for the combine. As far as capacity, their is no comparison I have never ran a better combine, two years ago my brother ran a 485r next to me all year the grain cart had to stay by him all the time because of the small grain tank, but i could just hammer by and we both had 12 row heads, mine was a chopping head on top of it. I think too that case has addressed alot of the issues with the older 8010s and their dealer support has gotten much better our first one the mechanics were asking us what to do, which was not a good sign.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts