The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I am looking at getting into the custom harvesting industry next year. I thought I would come on here to see if I would be wasting my time with trying to get a position. I don't have any experience driving combines. I do have some experience with driving regular tractors with pto attachments. I don't have a cdl but I have experience driving regular trucks with goose necks. I am sure there are more needs for a position.
Do I have the experience to at least get my foot in the door? I am sure I probably have other skills that maybe useful. I do have basic mechanic skills etc. If you could let me know if I should try to get a position or I just don't have the experience please let me know.

Thanks for your time,
Gunn

·
Registered
170 Posts
Experience is not as big of an issue as work ethic and being able to get along with everyone for extended periods of time. There will be long hours at times and you will be responsible for taking care of a lot of different things. A person that is willing to do almost anything that is required is invaluable whether they have experience or not. If you can learn new tasks easily in most cases than we might be interested in you. You can PM me and tell me a bit more about yourself and what you are looking to get out of the experience, other than a paycheck. Leigh

1 - 3 of 3 Posts