The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Lot more difficult to work on. More maintainance at higher hours. Parts are less common. But thery do have big capacity for a walker machine. Unless straw quality is super critical I would say a rotor machine would be a better investment in most crops. Rotary deeres have better readable it seams too. I wouldn't me afraid of it either though.

·
Registered
148 Posts
We have two t670 now and really like them. They really shined in the tough conditions this year. Demoed a 9870 in some tough wheat straw along side them and the t670 was going close to 1mph faster. The noise that the 9870 was making to thrash it was scary. The only thing that I dislike about the machines is the dust they can create out front of the feeder house. Parts have not been an issue for us. Been reasonably trouble free so far, with a few minor electrical problems.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I guess it would depend on the size of machine you were looking for, if a 9600 is the right size then I would go with the T670. Same cleaning area, basically the same combine with an extra sep cylinder. They have a little better capacity for separation than a 96xx in small grains, after owning one for two years I wouldn't buy another. I think if you have the dealer support there are other conventional designs that have better cleaning capacity out there for that kind of money.

·
Registered
69 Posts
We bought our first one this year and outfitted it with a 635, we run 6 walker machines in total 9650's, 9660 wts's All 96's have 30 ft heads and the t-670 run about 1 mph faster in all conditions. Very happy with it so far and straw is a important thing for us too that is why we are sticking to walkers, or else we would switch to Red!!

·
Registered
390 Posts
We bought our first one this year and outfitted it with a 635, we run 6 walker machines in total 9650's, 9660 wts's All 96's have 30 ft heads and the t-670 run about 1 mph faster in all conditions. Very happy with it so far and straw is a important thing for us too that is why we are sticking to walkers, or else we would switch to Red!!
Would you say there's a capacity difference between the wts's and the 9650s? How would you say the European machines are for reliability?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the demo had a 35ft and it to was 1mph faster than the 96ers with 30fts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.