The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for information on continuous rinse sprayers. Has it worked out well and what did you put in?

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
what sprayer do you have, @Ne sk ? We think we may add continuous rinse to our Patriot 4430 eventually. Seems like a great idea to me. I do a poor-man's continuous rinse right now where I stop after empty and push rinse water through the tank rinse for about 50 gallons, then spray that out, then repeat, and finally flush my booms. That works very well but it would be nice to have this work in a more continuous fashion, as continuous rinse intends to do.

I'm also wondering about ways of getting boom recirculation (at least at manually) without changing the plumbing much or losing the section control valves and relying solely on the solenoids.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Agreed Tom Wolfe articles sum up pretty well what you need to do. I added continuous rinse to our sprayer a flexicoil new holland pull type. I added another hyd pump to the rinse tank that I run off another hyd circuit from the tractor. Only issue I had was choosing the right nozzles in the tank the Teejet tank cleaning nozzles work good and spray far enough to hit the walls. The rotating propeller looking ones do not. Other than that it works slick 5 min to rinse and you never stop moving or get out of the cab. I also don’t use any cleaners just water.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Does anyone make retro fit kits, not real interested in making my own.
How much you offering 💰💰? lol
Not sure if there'd be a good kit, unless it is sprayer model and year specific. Too much little boom engineering changes from some years to make it pretty effective to have a one-size-fits all kit.

If you were looking at someone to do it for you, heard guys have been happy with Gaber doing the retrofits for them as well. They have their own recirc system/specs, and I think they've been installing them pretty consistently for the last few years. Might be some others out in our neck of the woods, but depends on budget and how you want it to look in the end.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Think he was asking about continuous rinse kits, not recirculating booms (I muddied the waters by bringing that up!).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts