The Combine Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

Super Moderator
Yes tilt 馃榿 wow that's fast, that would be nice to have,
1009, no not NH , just a number I use , Running JD
I鈥檝e bitched about slow reel for/aft, reel lift and header tilt for 19 years (when hydraulic header tilt first came along) now finally there on tilt.
It鈥檚 actually too fast for a two button system but mine is wired through the Vario knife single dedicated control.

You are just a little south of all that red equipment!

Registered
If anyone can come up with a 鈥渘on stick鈥 wheel material for heavy clay soils I鈥檇 sure like to hear about it!
I find the best way is to wait until it drys up !! :bang: but sometimes we dont have that option!! LOL!! On a serious note may help to run less tire pressure or see if Mark devloo can come up with something with his rotating scrapers?!! I have those on a drill they work well!!

Premium Member
I assume you mean tilt, the fine tuning of header angle is the secret to best cutting of lodged crop.
So Don does that tilt cylinder still disappear under a mountain of trash on the new Lexion? Very frustrating not being able to see where it is at past the half hour mark of combining, shame it could not be plumbed into the cebis in place of the header pitch cylinder, or maybe you can just use the header pitch on feeder faceplate with the right dial?

Super Moderator
So Don does that tilt cylinder still disappear under a mountain of trash on the new Lexion? Very frustrating not being able to see where it is at past the half hour mark of combining, shame it could not be plumbed into the cebis in place of the header pitch cylinder, or maybe you can just use the header pitch on feeder faceplate with the right dial?
With the dust extraction system you never see fore/aft faceplate cylinder now, instead the position is displayed on CEBIS whenever position is adjusted by the Vario toggle switch, way better setup.
Found by running faceplate 鈥渇latter鈥 than normal then using much faster adjusting MacDon tilt (one button hydro handle switch between the two, same Vario toggle switch for both) I鈥檓 able to get the normal standing crop and the lodged crop seen in the fields here this year and very easy and fast to set.

But of course Claas had the control backwards to logic, a hose and sensor reversal cured that, otherwise faceplate and MacDon logic would have been backwards to each other and MacDon has it right.

Premium Member
With the dust extraction system you never see fore/aft faceplate cylinder now, instead the position is displayed on CEBIS whenever position is adjusted by the Vario toggle switch, way better setup.
Found by running faceplate 鈥渇latter鈥 than normal then using much faster adjusting MacDon tilt (one button hydro handle switch between the two, same Vario toggle switch for both) I鈥檓 able to get the normal standing crop and the lodged crop seen in the fields here this year and very easy and fast to set.

But of course Claas had the control backwards to logic, a hose and sensor reversal cured that, otherwise faceplate and MacDon logic would have been backwards to each other and MacDon has it right.
I was talking about the fore/aft cylinder on the macdon adapter. I can't remember how bad my New Holland combines were, but on a Claas it is always covered and not visible.

Whether or not Claas has their numbers backwards or not is open to interpretation, but at least they give a positive repeatable readout. That is something I find really handy when shaving the ground.

Super Moderator
Whether or not Claas has their numbers backwards or not is open to interpretation, but at least they give a positive repeatable readout. That is something I find really handy when shaving the ground.
Not the scale, the action was backwards.
MacDon was push button away from you, the header goes, you guessed it, away from you.
The faceplate action was reverse to that clever logic.

Since my MacDon tilt cylinder createred last fall the new cylinder has a cycle time of about 2 seconds, quick experimenting finds best angle, I set faceplate so max (D) at lowest required cut, a faceplate -4 (flatter, -10 to +10 scale) about right.

No, MacDon indicator is buried in crap same as ever.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts