The Combine Forum banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Not a chance of fertilizing the lawn in this yard Jaymo. With the water table as high as it is and the fact that someone who is long dead and gone, using the 30 year old manure pile as landscaping material, I can not keep up to the mowing as it is!!

·
Registered
405 Posts
I hear ya chance2! :DThere is definitely a balance between keeping a healthy lawn and putting it on steroids.
What I observe is that the quack grass and other wild grasses grow the fastest when your lawn is neglected. By putting on some fertilizer it helps the desirable grass choke out the grassy weeds and dandelions.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
From the list of those exempt...

(c) uses related to golf course operations;
Or put in a couple holes, a sand trap and water hazard and say your a golf course...

Willing to bet that if they aren't doing things right on said courses it won't matter if the city has a lawn chemical ban, going to be so much runoff from the courses it will be more in one year than 10 lawns get in 100 years.

·
Registered
412 Posts
2-4D and I'll even mix that with Crossbow if I want to kill off the clover while I'm at it. Need a good sticker/spreader in the mix too.

·
Registered
430 Posts
i hear ya chance2! :dthere is definitely a balance between keeping a healthy lawn and putting it on steroids.
What i observe is that the quack grass and other wild grasses grow the fastest when your lawn is neglected. By putting on some fertilizer it helps the desirable grass choke out the grassy weeds and dandelions.

x2

VR

·
Registered
3 Posts
After automating business through managemart lawn care billing software, you can add and edit personal information, transaction details, cost, and other parameters at all the order life stages. The most complicated process of corporate B2B and wholesale sales is automated in the highest way possible. The deadlines for each stage will allow managers to use their time more efficiently. For the increase in productivity, the purchase funnel is used.

·
Registered
473 Posts
par3 seems to work well, and doesn't hurt the grass ...
about $60 for 10 litres of concentrate, makes roughly 500 litres of ready to use, two applications a year

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Lontrel at 20gpa. No need to worry about trees, just hit them aftet the fuzz out. Next best is double rate expree pro in fall. Or if you are lucky enough tordon 22k. 10 years with out dandelions, need to di it again this year.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I'm seriously looking into some kind of robotic mower. This way it should keep the grass cut, and keep the weeds in check. Someone once told me that dandelions don't like frequent cuttings, don't know if that's true or not, but these auto mowers should do the trick. Looking at the Husqvarna Auto mower. I despise cutting grass. Only problem I see, is my dog like to chase bark at and attack things like this.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Ok, let me clarify lol. Brian's autosteer does not smooth out the field well enough to type on the phone, but does steer well lol. 20gpa of water, 336ml/ac of lontrel. As with any crop, a healthy crop will choke out weeds. Any herbicide treatment along with a fertilizer treatment is by far your best option. Cutting often will not help with dandelion control and usually makes it worse due to the stress on the grass. Anyhow back to my rough field.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Quart of Banvel, pint of LV6, and a 1/2 oz of Express. No dandelions, no clover, just grass.

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Killex at canadian tire, has 24D and dicamba in it. get the one that goes on the water hose than refill it with curtail or target.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I use curtail M... it works for me.
I gave some to my father in law in the city to clean up his lawn.. he used it once and didnt like the smell [thought his neighbors would call him in, and get him in trouble some how]
So after that we learned he would only spray at night when it was windy.... so the chem smell wouldn't give him away........

21 - 40 of 62 Posts