The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 930F that we have been running on a 9610 that I would like to use on our 750. Bish wants about $10000 to do it. I also got some instructions on how to cut the opening to make it work with a 750. I would really like to leave it stock so that If/when I decide to sell it, it would have a better chance of a decent price. I am considering getting the front off of a 9610 feederhouse and welding pockets and ears on it to fit the 750 feederhouse. Has anyone else taken this approach? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
IIRC, the opening on the JD heads is too small for the Lexion faceplate. The original adapters Bish made were a thick adapter frame that moved the head forward about 6-9". This was not successful since the crop would not feed right--there is a dead spot right in front of the feeder. The new adapter that Bish provides actually replaces the front feeder faceplate on the Lexion with a JD style plate. This is $$$$, but it eliminates the dead zone.

So you really have only 2 options- Cut up the head, or spend the $$$$.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Here, that head might be worth 5k on a good day. Cut away if you are determined to install on lexion. The 750 will be double the capacity that the previous combine was, so header will likely not perform as intended.

It appears, in my opinion, that making a head fit a lexion looks to be easier than any other.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts