The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently traded our 8570 for an 8780. Dealer we bought the 8780 from has been helping us convert our 9750 rigid head to the 8780. He had all the conversion parts except the smaller pully on the feeder house counter shaft that drives the wobble box. Agco evidently only offered this kit to dealers and no longer lists the parts. Anybody have any info to help find the part number or size of the pulley on the shaft? Would be a hex shaft pulley. Also, does anyone know the rpm of the 8570 feeder house shaft vs the 8780 rpm. If we can't find the actual pulley, we may be able to figure out the size needed using the pulleys we already have and the rpms. Thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts
Does your 8780 have a red feeder house or black? If it’s red, there’s nothing different from an 8570, speed will be the same.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has a black throat. We already have the conversion plate for the throat, the sprocket for the auger, and the larger pulley for the wobble box. But there is supposed to be a smaller pulley on the drive shaft that runs the wobble box to slow it down.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I new i had this, took me a while to find it. It”s an AGCO bulletin that lists kits or parts required to adapt different headers to different combines. If the kits themselves aren’t available, usually a dealer can breakdown the kit to individual parts and hopefully get them that way.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. I will let the dealer know and see what I can find. If nothing else, if they can just get the pulley specs I could make one to work. Thanks again for the info

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately the dealer I bought the 8780 from is not much help in figuring out the pulley I need. Does anyone know the header shaft speed on an 8570? I would think it's in the operators manual. The 8780 is 615rpm. If I could know the 8570 speed I could figure out the pulley I need. Thanks for the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts