The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased year old s680 combine did not have the power folding extensions. Have called my Jd dealer and said no kit was offered to convert . Looking for a aftermarket kit or factory didn't know if anyone has any experience with and can offer suggestion or if we are just stuck with manual fold

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did anyone ever figure out if you could convert standard extensions on the s680 to power fold? We have a 13 model and it's a real pain in the butt to have to fold them every time we want to put it in the shed. Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
I have no idea of possible conversion kits/techniques, but from experience (and you can see it in the pictures in the link LincTex posted) the manual extension pieces are quite different from the power folding ones. In addition to whatever actuator is on there, both for the folding extensions as well as for the auger fold, something different with the manual extension pieces themselves will have to be done: I don't know of a way around getting the pieces for the power folding extension instead of the pieces you have for the manual fold. Even if you can find them after-market (which I doubt, because I have seen many more factory-installed power folding than I have manual-style fold extensions on S series combines) my hunch is they would be spendy.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
PS: There must be an electrical component also, as the separator will not engage with the power fold extensions down, but a couple of years ago, on an S670 with manual extensions, I had to stop a colleague who was running without putting the extension up. I have a feeling that running with the power fold down, particularly the auger fold part, would wreck something on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts