The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a couple vertec dryers they are both electric and 1 is natural gas with vertical burner. Owner said it is 7500 to convert to propane?
I have been running batch dryer with propane powered 4020 and dont really want to rent a 20 kV generator.
Anybody converted the wrong way? Anybody have the old parts laying around?
Thanks

·
Registered
258 Posts
I am looking at a couple vertec dryers they are both electric and 1 is natural gas with vertical burner. Owner said it is 7500 to convert to propane?
I have been running batch dryer with propane powered 4020 and dont really want to rent a 20 kV generator.
Anybody converted the wrong way? Anybody have the old parts laying around?
Thanks

sent you a pm

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found a donor for my batch dryer so I am fixing that for this season. But thanks for the messages and I will use the info next summer when it is a much better time to set up a dryer and hoppers.

·
Premium Member
7,989 Posts
I found a donor for my batch dryer so I am fixing that for this season. But thanks for the messages and I will use the info next summer when it is a much better time to set up a dryer and hoppers.
I have a used GSI 2314 dryer for sale with two grain legs and an overhead bin and stand. Just in case that is something you might be looking for. Good luck getting your crop off, seems having a good dryer is pretty important there and even here right now...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Feel free to contact me. We converted from gas to propane on an older 5500 with 10 tiers. Powered it with a 75hp 814 Deutz diesel. Runs drier and 7”x50’ hydraulic wet and dry augers with full variable speed. All works very well so far. You will need to address the burner, plumbing, and install an evaporator.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts