The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are currently looking at a7120 or a 570 claas lexion and are looking for a combine that has the ability to handle alot of straw and be able to spread it 35 ft.We have allways had case and like the simplicty of them but have had trouble handleing large amounts of straw.The claas appears to have the ability to handle more straw but is alot more complicated.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
We have a 7010 that now has 1400hrs on it. we are custom cutters and last year had alot of down wheat and the 7010 went very well we have a 2152 35ft on it and it goes well.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Define complicated. If it's drives that concern you, don't worry. Farmers were raised on belts and know how to change them easily. They are also cheaper than any other form of drivetrain. And, will yield the least amount of fuel consumption (cost) due to being a much more efficient form of power transfer, especially over hydraulics. I don't know too many farmers with the know how to troubleshoot complex hydraulic issues, or know how to - or even want to pay for complex hydraulic or planetary motor repair/replacement.

·
Registered
367 Posts
The Lexion may "appear" to be more complicated because you are new to it. Once you spend a few days around it and learn where things are, you will soon see that the Lexion is actually quite simple and easy to work on yourself. That tends to be the first impression when looking at any combine with which you are not familiar. The 7120 will be mostly all new to you as well. Comparing these two combines, I would certainly not convince you to buy a 7120. The Lexion 570R is a much more capable machine in this class 7. The 7120 may match it for horsepower (which is the only qualifier to make them both class 7s), but I can tell you from experience that the 570R will absolutely outperform a 7120 CIH in nearly every way, and not by a small margin either. Particularly in a heavy straw and high MOG scneario, the advantage swings heavily in favor of the 570R. Buy a 7120 and you'll kick yourself for having passed on the Lexion. Don't assume these two combines are equal just because they are both in class 7 - the class system is largely useless for comparison shopping combines anymore.

·
Registered
176 Posts
How often do you trade machines? You better make sure you your in love with the Lexion cause if you want to trade it on another brand your going to take it in the shorts. Buy a 7120 and demo the 570 next to it. The dealer would be glad to take the case on trade.

·
Registered
117 Posts
On your initial concern about straw. I had supper and a couple of beers with 2 case guys from the UK. One was a service CTM. They combine wheat at the ground usually at 20% plus on moisture and very tall . They use a fine cut chopper and the 81 and 9120 do the job. The 71doesn`t have as much capacity (obviously). I don`t know on the 570, but yam is right the resale on lexion with anything other than lexion stinks,hope this helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts