The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...i didnt take alot of pictures this year since i was fairly busy lol.

Anyway, these are what i got of the last of the corn 2008 season.

Oh hey, is that a second combine?

Opening the endrows

Waiting for someone to come so we can all dump...

Good lookin old machine if i say so myself

Graincart loaded and back down the field:

Graintruck takin off:

3/4 mile long rows are alot easier when you have two 'bines.

Graincart Haulin down the field....

Into the night we go:

Adding another photo to one of my favorite pics of the year.

Harvest is done...next thread will be Tillage 2008

· Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks christian, besides the unloading auger tube splitting in half and the axle also splitting in half, it was a great combine. Soo easy to setup and you dont have to get dirty like you did with the rod on the 9x00's.

Jacob: we did get rid of the old best, might be hard to notice in the pics but its a 9500 not a 9600.

· Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no, we hire the same guy every year. He farms himself but didnt have enough acreage to support the combine payments, and for what it costs us to have him come with a combine, graincart, graintrucks, etc. compared to our combine, graincart, trucks, etc he's actually a little cheaper...so we hire him on for 600-700acres a year.

· Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We can't, combine is already in the combine clinic getting a new right hand axle put in since the updated axles are alot larger than the factory 50sts axles were, and getting everything else fixed up for next year lol.

· Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
90% of the people here don't....should go to Arends and Sons sometime, A. their packed full of work orders for combine clinics, and B. They'll usually give you quite a bit more for trade if you keep takin it in every 1-3 years.

we do fluid changes, filter changes, etc...but we take it to the dealer for major repairs (grain tank, frame, etc) that way if it fails...we blame it on them and usually get comp'd on the bill.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.