The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The corn version of the 7010 rotor uses 8 spiked rasp bars on the back of the rotor. The 2588 uses 8 straight bars on the rear of the rotor.
The brochure indicates that the straight bars are optional on the 7010, however the machine builder does not show this as a factory installed option.
These straight bars were supposed to make a big improvement in rotor loss on the 2388 and 2588.

My question is what is the best way to set up the 7010 for 200 + bpa corn?. Are the straight bars better than the Spike bars? Should some or all of the concaves be round bar?

Thanks for any info on rotor question I am thinking about going to a 7010 and want to optimize it for corn.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The rotor can only be configured with 8 spikes from the factory for a corn/soybean machine.

Put 4 straight bars in place of the spikes. Then set your vanes to the fully retarded position unless you're in very dry corn. Round bars might help if you're having high damage.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Threshing and separating area in the 7010/8010 is much larger than 88's due to increased concave wrap and cage design which is perforated all the way around.
The 2003-2004 8010's had the straight bars on them from the factory and it was found that capacity was improved with the spiked rasp bars instead of the straight bars.
The round bar concaves improve capacity in corn if you are experiencing trash plugging the regular concaves.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Last year with an 07 7010 in 225-250bpa corn with a std rotor with 8 spikes on it we were having loss out the back of the machine. Just changing out the spikes for straights makes it a whole new machine. This has been my experience on other 7010/8010s. Spikes just simply don't create a large enough void in the MOG to allow the higher volums of grain to separate out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts