The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While following combine I noticed that as the combine crosses a waterway and starts up the other side corn starts coming over the shoe for 20 to 30 feet. This is a R62 with a 6 row hugger head. Corn is doing about 250 at 20 mositure. After following the combine for a few rounds I did not notice any corn coming over the shoe just going through the field. Started stopping for about 5 to 10 seconds before we cross the waterways and there is no problem. Depending how you cross the waterway corn can come accross the shoe for the whole width or the left or right side.

Never notice this before but maybe I wasn't looking either. Pacer does go to max when this happens. What may be causing this. ACC rollers are new. Air about 6.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Air down to "5" will probably take care of it, or cut back a bit on the throttle when the cornhead just goes clean. When the corn is that dry and only six rows, you'll see that if you look. Some guys don't care....others do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.