The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When are you guys in Iowa going to be picking corn full speed? I want to go out there to watch and was just wondering when you will be picking full speed.

·
Registered
144 Posts
In southwest Iowa, there is some corn coming out, but we probably won't be going for another week or so. I think the rest of Iowa is a little further behind. If you come around the 20th, there should be plenty of corn coming out.

Brandon

·
Registered
123 Posts
We started on beans last wednesday, and on corn monday until it rained us out. We will be back at it tomorrow though. So far most people have started on beans and not much corn. First time in my life time that we ever started on beans before getting any corn out.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
althoguh we're not iowa we we're trying to fill some early contracts with corn thursday until today when we got rained out. We'll probably start beans friday if we can get some wind or warm weather...

We need an indian summer but the chances of one coming are getting slim....if we could get 1-2weeks of 75+ degree weather it'd be amazing...alot of people are starting to face the fact that moisture isnt going to drop much more with shorter days and colder weather. We lost 1% of moisture in the past 8 days on our late corn, so its combine it now in good weather or go out in december and get it then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts