The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
xhawkeye, if i can ask what was the yield on the twin row corn, bpa test weight and all, also how many day corn was it when did you plant. wondering what the diff is from regular 30" rows?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,334 Posts
Is that a agleader monitor you bought on the side??

Or is that a case (i know its the same) but is that the new color monitor that i'll be getting on our 2588 next year

just curious
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,334 Posts
Another question

i see you have the mauer hopper extensions like ours but you also have another ring up there


where did you get the extra ring and do you hold more with it ya think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:xhawkeye, if i can ask what was the yield on the twin row corn, bpa test weight and all, also how many day corn was it when did you plant. wondering what the diff is from regular 30" rows?


Sorry can't answer any of your questions, this was my uncle's farm. Didn't take a picture of the yield monitor but this farm was averaging 180 something. Guess the corn would be 100-110 day. He's been using a twin row for 4 years and is still using it but no one else in the neighborhood has switched yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:Is that a agleader monitor you bought on the side??

Or is that a case (i know its the same) but is that the new color monitor that i'll be getting on our 2588 next year

just curious



Yes, bought it on the side had a b&w before, this is the first year using a color one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:Another question

i see you have the mauer hopper extensions like ours but you also have another ring up there


where did you get the extra ring and do you hold more with it ya think?



Maurer sells them, don't know the difference with or without the extra ring but this one holds 300 bu or ~20k lbs (grain cart scale) when heaping full. I'd rate it as money will spent. It clears machine shed door by 10".

http://www.maurermfg.com/extension.htm
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
138 Posts
Hey xhawkeye, how do you like your Insight yield monitor? I installed one this past fall and was very impressed with the accuracy. What actually impressed me the most was how easy the installation was, the package and instructions were %100 bang on. Would recommend it to anyone, a little expensive at $9,000.00
, "that is yield and moistur tracking" but worth it.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top