The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Great pics but a few questions.

Why such narrow tyres? Why not a large radial what are they 18.4's? Here in the UK generally run as wide a tyre as possible to get the combine down the road generally up to 12 ft overall width

How much does the grain bin hold?

And from the read out on the GPS I gues your having a good season.

Has your neighbour had any chassis problems from such a large bin.

Cheers BB

·
Registered
722 Posts
I also ask that same question:
Is there any advantage to running narrow wheels.
The disadvantages that I see are increased ground compaction and in the right soil conditions they will bury themselves a lot faster than wide rubber.
Plus. I like the looks of wide rubber more.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:Great pics but a few questions.

Why such narrow tyres? Why not a large radial what are they 18.4's? Here in the UK generally run as wide a tyre as possible to get the combine down the road generally up to 12 ft overall width

How much does the grain bin hold?

And from the read out on the GPS I gues your having a good season.

Has your neighbour had any chassis problems from such a large bin.

Cheers BB

Grain bin holds 300 bu (20k lbs via grain cart scale) have gotten it to hold 310+ but need to be very smooth with the hydro or it'll go over the edge. The combine handles the load fine.

There's a vertical auger to relieve the load on the grain tank auger.

Dad ridge tills so a wide tire isn't going to work. The inside tire is a 18.4R42 and the outside one is 14.9R46. With a 6-row corn head, the skinny outside tire lets the next row be closer before tire flattens it. There's a black shield hanging on the end of corn head to deflect the next row away from the tire. On the otherside there are shields on the corn head & the ladder to deflect the next row. When they had a 2188 used 18.4s on both tires.

Here width isn't a problem, people go down the road with 8-row heads 20' wide. The only thing that stops them is a narrow bridge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts