The Combine Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen at the case dealer the other day row guidance threw the pro 600...for this year.... like headsight basically....

any idea on what it cost to add to a 3408 and after i did that what else would i need to do to the combine at that point? 6088 with gps..

·
Registered
413 Posts
I got a quote from a dealer to put headsight on a corn head and the combine. For the header it was around $5500 and for the valving/electronic etc for the 7010 was another $4800.

Joe

·
Registered
560 Posts
If your 6088 is guidance-ready, you need the NavII (plus the receiver and Pro 600). If it's not guidance-ready, then you have to add the platform kit too. This gives you an AccuGuide complete combine.

Then you add a header kit and a software unlock for the Pro 600. Pricing is about the same as the Headsight, which is listed as $5450 on their website.
http://www.headsight.com/autosteer/

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh....it won't be guidance ready.... guess im in no hurry then... sure like the concept... i might go headsight way if i do it.... pretty sure it can run off my ez steer..

·
Registered
560 Posts
From what I've heard, the CIH system will be an add-on to an AccuGuide system. It won't be a standalone row guidance system. The row feelers will provide kind of an automatic nudge to the AccuGuide system.

If you lose corn, the AccuGuide system takes over. If you lose GPS, you can keep running by the corn. If you lose both, you have to drive.

·
Registered
36 Posts
We are getting the CIH row guidance on our 8120 for this fall. The combine has to be equipped with autosteer through the Pro 600 for the row guidance to function. Was told the same, that the feeler wands will be using the nudge adjusment to keep the corn head centered over the row.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I run a HeadSight on my machine and it is a pure tactile system, no need for GPS or a Nav.

Not sure how to phrase this but will the CIH system; engage, find a line, then pickup the row? I can see how this would be really nice with the 12 and 16 row heads.

Does anyone know how the JD system works?

·
Registered
560 Posts
what does the Headsight system do if you run out of corn (drownout, planter skip, etc.)?

Not sure if the CIH system will work as a "rowfinder".

I think the Deere system can be used in GPS+row or row-only mode, but not sure.

·
Registered
809 Posts
The Headsight system has a light spring on the row finder/feeler, what this does is center the feeler, so if the feeler runs out of stalks the system tends to go straight. It works fairly well.

·
Registered
809 Posts
If your combine came from the factory autosteer ready then about 5 grand for the Headsight system. I think you can still put the system on any combine, you will need to add a steering valve and harness.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
I had it on both 3416's I have run, the 2009 model never did work. save your money for a bit yet. works with the accuguide has to sense off the wands but has trouble figuring it all out. I could drive way closer than it could

·
Registered
657 Posts
is the head sight the system that lexion is using with the geringhoff corn heads i thought that was what we were told

·
Registered
809 Posts
Couldn't they use the Lexion system with an off brand corn head?
Doesn't Lexion have a laser setup they use on their platforms? It may have the word "sight" in it's name.

·
Registered
79 Posts
what's the point of this? not like you going to gain anything by not leavin a skip or that type of thing. but i suppose once you have it you won't go back

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ya pretty much. Kinda like running with ez steer for a week and then they take it away and your shot at the end of the first day without it so you buy it the next!!! Haha

I'm sure it would be nice just seems to be a bit costly considering you could buy a 500/steer almost for the same price

1 - 18 of 18 Posts