The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to trade corn heads always liked my old JD 693 corn head , looking at a CIH 2206 for my 2188 or get a adapator for the 693 and run red or green.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Yeah, I know a guy in Austria that ran a 2208 for a few weeks before they sent it back. They were blowing up the row gearboxes. I think they shelled out 4 of them the last week they had it. They loved the older series heads, because they ran so well for so long. Now they use the Geheringhoff heads since they are pretty much the only ones that hold up for those guys.

On the other hand, we've got two 2208s that we've ran for one season. Both acted just fine for us.

Note: The corn in Austria grows much taller than it does here in the US, so there is more load on the rolls as there is more stalk to pull through them. Still, they didn't have these problems with the old heads.

-Lance

·
Registered
195 Posts
Most of the 2200 series owners around here aren't very impressed with them. They do a pretty good job and the hydrualic deck plates are nice but but almost everybody is saying they are higher maintance and less reliable than the 1000 series heads were. One of our neighbor's went from a 1063 to a 2206 and they are now looking at either a Drago or a Goeringhoff for next year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts