The Combine Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
New Way hasn't got back to you? Wow! The Brooks dealer is quite usless I'll admit we deal with Don out of Lethbridge. I like Zimmatic pivots a better then Reinke these days for a few reasons. We have had a few tower legs bend on the Reinkes, the latch type coupler on Reinkes does wear but that being said we haven't had one wear right through yet. The boot between towers fails after awhile and you need to take the pivot apart to replace them. Never had a Zimmatic fail unless it walked into an "L" and that is only once in the last ten years. Worse thing I've seen on our Valley so far is the drain plugs don't always work and have frozen a couple pipes. They have their own style gearboxes and switchgear witch can be a pain over time and I don't like the way the knee braces mount to the pipe instead of the trusses although it appears they have changed that on newer machines.
We don't do corner systems, so far I'm not sure they are worth the money or the trouble. Neighbor has a GPS unit and says if this year is any indication he will never have another, I guess it has been a nightmare.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.