The Combine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a 9550 sidehill had it out of shed a week ago and everything was fine. Did a little cleaning up on it and put it away. Got it out today and corner post is blank for 40 sec. and than everything turns on by this every thing in the corner post every line or number gauge on all three screens. After 1 min. the throttle doesn't work it goes back and idles. If you cycle the ignition switch same thing all over. Everything else works, just wondering if anybody knows where to start. I was going to check the grounds and if anybody knows where they all are. I know theirs 2 or 3 in engine compartment and 1 under cab I think.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Farmerboy, you have a cornerpost controller failed, also known as C03 mother board, controller loads up the can bus so much other functions or controllers go offline.Cleaning grounds is a good idea, however I believe you will need to see dealer and get a new mother board,if you are not comfortable with swapping???you will need to reinstall all data from old controller, remember start at the highest no. address 1st, then work your way down, this will allow proper setup of all addresses and hrs.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Yikes !! I'm like you FarmerBoy---I would much rather just clean the grounds, and hope that worked !! LOL !!

I'm not doubting you, DeereFever...just sounds like a cluster $*&##

Good ol' technology fer ya'

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well cleaned the four grounds I know of didn't help, made sure their were star washer on all of them. I don't want to call the dealer but sounds like I have to $$$$$. I love technology when it works but when it dosen't

·
Registered
139 Posts
Don't panic, the motherboard isn't that bad , nor should it take very long to upload address data , if it does i'd like to know why??? We've had a few of these fail exactly the same way , works one day , next time the key is turned on everything turns on.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have the same problem on a 9750 , all my screens have gone either blank or have strange numbers appearing. Asked my dealer and he said the mother board is to blame. Mine doesnt seem to matter how many times I turn the key its permanently shot.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The other way i've seen the board fail is if you cannot access diagnostics, or buttons on displays fail to operate, also the displays will be showing proper icons when this failure occours.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are the engine, sep hrs. stored anywhere else. Can't get them out of the mother board. we know what they are within 150 hrs or so. Would like them to be right I guess it might not be possible

·
Registered
139 Posts
Best way is to have a laptop hooked to the machine, this way should be able to retrieve hrs and all the previous setup data. If you are doing the motherboard yourself, with no laptop or dealer service you will have to get them as close as possible. If your machine has greenstar display in it you could get the engine hrs,from that source, as long as the display has been in that machine from new.Also other controllers do have ball park hrs. in them, meaning that they may not be accurate as the motherboard, and with that said you are back to the same issue, you need motherboard c03 to work to access other controllers, gets you back to using the laptop and dealer help.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dealer did it and said he couldn't get them moisture senor was replaced last year and knocked receiver off on a branch in the fall. So I guess we're stuck with what we got.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I have noticed our 9750STS was every now and then not displaying any info on the corner post. Then started it this morning and no cornerpost or armrest controll. No throtle buttons etc. I assume the mother board described in this and other threads is toast.

My question is which board is this? Is there and way to test it or just get a new one?

Cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
How to program all data to new flash memory at cornerpost board ?

I haven't JD equipment, only programmator, but I think that old flash data is corrupted!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts