The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having trouble reading rotor speed on the cornerpost on 9560sts, just reads zero. replaced sensor. adjusted sensor in and out, still nothing. have good continuity on my ground wire. i had just replaced cornerpost control unit, still didnt fix it.

·
Registered
778 Posts
The only other thing to check is continuity on the signal wire to cornerpost, wire #603. The easiest way to check all the wiring is to disconnect the cornerpost connector and check resistance between wire 603 and frame ground. Should be 2500-300 ohms.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
greentech, thanks for the help, i unplugged the connector from the cornerpost, checked ohms on 603 to frame ground, its shows OL like I have an open. if i plug it back in and check ohms, i have around 271K resistance.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Make sure you zero your leads on your meter first, or touch them together and subtract it from the reading.

You need to narrow down the bad wire by isolating sections of it. Disconnect the cab wall connector and check the 603 in the cab and on the rh main harness. Is your ground good right to the sensor? That ground runs all the way to the engine compartment through several harnesses. Ground Wire # is 20.

·
Registered
352 Posts
i was going to say the same thing about checking to see if your not in neutral but i didnt want to be a smartass.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The rotor sensor harness were bad at rubbing together where it runs down the channel from the RHS chassis to the sensor causing intermittent and zero speed also. Unfortunately hard to to see and get at easily. Hope your problem is sorted

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Had the same thing last summer on a 70 series that the customer first started the combine when he dove it out of the shed so we could do some warranty work, the mice had ate the wire and cut it in half. It was bad just before the wires went out of the frame on the right side.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my rotor is in gear. i checked continuity on the ground wire clear from the sensor all the way to the back where it ground by the either aid can. it checked out ok. i will do a little more checking on the 603 wire. thanks for info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts