The Combine Forum banner

3021 - 3040 of 3147 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Worry less about your rights and more about your responsibilities. An ethically virtuous society is one in which its members focus on their individual obligation to fulfill collective moral principles.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts

Only Religion can be Dogmatic says the Humanist Bolshevik.. Lol... Good one Comrade State Funded Scientist.. No no nothing has ever been Politicized for profit there. Stay the Course stay the course Double Down....the Peasants are on to us.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Lets face it, when your family drops you off at a care home ,they leave you there to die anyways.
This is the truest statement I've read in a long time.

Everyone says it's so sad old folks are dying of Corona in these facilities. Correction, the sad part is the fact they are in there in the first place.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
This is the truest statement I've read in a long time.

Everyone says it's so sad old folks are dying of Corona in these facilities. Correction, the sad part is the fact they are in there in the first place.
Actually it’s sad that they can’t see their family while in the homes right now.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I see the mosquitoes aren’t social distancing
What is Trudeaus solution to that won’t they transfer covid
Take a ticket, an "Expert" will be with you shortly to answer all your questions so you don't ever off into Bad Information from Conspiracy Sites that are Racist & Nationalist. Because we are One United World.

:D

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
My mom worked at Extendicare in Saskatoon for over 25 years. She made me promise that I never put her in one. she hated what it did to the people. She met some wonderful older ladies with the most amazing life stories of hardship and travel She loved to talk to them and got to be real close to some, maybe too close you could tell when one died, she was heartbroken.
She told me that the family would drop them off, they would visit lots at the beginning then slowly watched it drop off over time. Some of the women came with their prized costume jewelry and keepsakes, even though it was unionized the immigrants that worked there stole it over time to the point there was nothing left. Then the immigrants mainly Filipinos would gang up on the older staff members, harassing and such, making them quit their jobs so they could get more immigrants (friends) to work there, basically creating a mafia.
Mom hated most of the classless low life people that worked there, very arrogant, Such B!tches as she called them. But when you have an elderly person who is really sick and needs constant attention yeah the home is a good fit, but some have a lot of life that could be used by taking care of them at home. But a lot of people are just about themselves.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
You mean Cultural Enrichment? Geez...

Well Feminism was the main culprit behind this Dystopian Nightmare. What could be wrong pushing your daughter to be a Doktor or Lawyer or some bullshit SJW Government funded job instead of being a Mom?

That foolish decision to flood the labor market 60 years ago is gonna bite all those fools in azz by bringing in resentful generally speaking underclass of foreign people to take care of you in your twilight years and their are tons of bad incidents if abuse to the elderly white. Yeah it's not looking good.

·
Registered
383 Posts
hey lynas can you post the video clip of the nursing home clips from HAPPY GILMORE movie. Don't know how to get off u tube.
Thought it might lighten the mood a bit with all that is going on!
Ben stiller is a riot as a care home manager!
Thanks

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
I don't know what the best solution is to nursing homes, ideally we would live in a world where they weren't needed. I hope I never have to go into one, or anyone I know. If I do have to go into one, I hope I get hit by a train on the way there, or a Snowbird lands on me on the way up the ramp (Too soon??).

Some think they should all be government run. You know what happens any time government gets involved. All are staffed with unionized workers. I hate unions. They removed the bar that set the standards you had to meet, they replaced it with a line that shows the minimum needed to keep your job. There are many employees that work in the my local care home that should be sent packing, they don't see the people living there as people, only inconvieniences that interrupt their day.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Like public education we've become guilty of wanting somebody to baby sit our kids and want somebody to watch the Old Kids. I dunno, kinda sad and inhumane if think about it long enough. What happened 100 years ago when their wasn't any old folk homes?

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,038
hey lynas can you post the video clip of the nursing home clips from HAPPY GILMORE movie. Don't know how to get off u tube.
Thanks

·
Registered
503 Posts
Thanks
"My fingers hurt"
"Well, now your back is going to hurt because you've pulled landscaping duty... Anyone else's fingers hurt? Didn't think so"

Love that movie.

I see the mosquitoes aren’t social distancing
What is Trudeaus solution to that won’t they transfer covid
Seen a few articles saying covid isn't likely to be transferred by mosquitoes, bunch of mumbo jumbo about how different covid is compared to zika or ebola. So until they change their minds, we are safe. Haha

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Just wait on mosquito transfer, they have cases linked to that in no time, just another reason to stay inside. Think about it, we have to stay 6-10 feet apart and wear and face mask and rubber gloves with a plexiglass divider between everyone to keep us safe and you think the experts will let a mosquito slid that will stick multiple people? IF churches were allowed drive in services here the cars had to stay 6 feet apart with the windows up to curb the threat, if exteriors of cars can spread it mosquito's are toast.

Had to venture to the big city yesterday to get new work boots. Saw an area kid in the parking lot and we walked into the store together talking. An older lady stop us in the foyer of the store wearing a face mask, which neither of us were wearing and said "you young do nothing to protect the elderly by not even covering your face, you don't care about us".

This being my first trip out of the county since this goat screw disaster started mainly due to calving and planting and generally not needing anything coupled with the fact that I'm not even sure I like people generated a reply from me because literally my first 2 minutes into this adventure of being out in society I'm annoyed. "You're right, I don't care, stay at home if you're afraid. I have work to do". I turned and left while she muttered something. Back to isolation for me, not from fear of a virus but a shelter from stupidity.

3021 - 3040 of 3147 Posts