The Combine Forum banner

3041 - 3060 of 3227 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
A letter by God of the Universe Expert of all Experts said Bolsheviks such as NF123 should find a Busy Highway to Protest On while Blindfolded.

Always a letter by some so called Expert. Is he running a formal investigation? Huh? No? What's that? Come again?
thumb_guess-what-nobody-cares-when-facebook-and-instagram-are-down-28261051.png

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
A letter by God of the Universe Expert of all Experts said Bolsheviks such as NF123 should find a Busy Highway to Protest On while Blindfolded.

Always a letter by some so called Expert. Is he running a formal investigation? Huh? No? What's that? Come again?
View attachment 159488
So if it was a unknown YouTube fuqtard with no credentials we should listen to him? Pretty convenient for your lot to immediately instead of making sure your ideology holds water to go on the offensive against those that easily expose it as the hateful little exercise that it is.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Absolutely. Are you selling the **** vaccine? Why do you give a fork if people take it or not?

How many Government Failures do you need for evidence to have a Clue about their "Unintended Consequences" of Public Policy? "The Cure is Worse than the Disease "seems to go right over your head son.

What is a Success? Redistribution of Money aka Welfare? The Corrupt Governments of Africa and Gate's Polio Vaccine Debacle, as well as India? M.I.C. and the off the books spending? The Boom Bust Cyclical charade that destroys the Common Man's Earnings and Wealth Accumulation/Savings? As well as the Fed's Control over the Economic Well Being. War on Drugs? And that's just the beginning?

Why the Urgency and Shilling for the Push of some alleged Elixir that is Riding the Political Winds not a Legitimate Market Need?

I mean do you think American's should be a bit skeptical of their Tax and Spend Government that is Out of Control in all Functions as well as a Very Liberal Interpretation of these Extended Duties as a Policing as well as a Equalizer of Outcomes?

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Absolutely. Are you selling the **** vaccine? Why do you give a fork if people take it or not?

How many Government Failures do you need for evidence to have a Clue about their "Unintended Consequences" of Public Policy? "The Cure is Worse than the Disease "seems to go right over your head son.

What is a Success? Redistribution of Money aka Welfare? The Corrupt Governments of Africa and Gate's Polio Vaccine Debacle, as well as India? M.I.C. and the off the books spending? The Boom Bust Cyclical charade that destroys the Common Man's Earnings and Wealth Accumulation/Savings? As well as the Fed's Control over the Economic Well Being. War on Drugs? And that's just the beginning?

Why the Urgency and Shilling for the Push of some alleged Elixir that is Riding the Political Winds not a Legitimate Market Need?

I mean do you think American's should be a bit skeptical of their Tax and Spend Government that is Out of Control in all Functions as well as a Very Liberal Interpretation of these Extended Duties as a Policing as well as a Equalizer of Outcomes?
I would take you serious if you and the rightwing would actually vote for competent people that are interested in fixing government . But no they keep voting for single issue politicians that are great at giving lip service to the usual rightwing talking points but are also the most corrupt conmen out there . Who are only interested making government look as inept as possible. That's the only thing they are good at . Btw did you take your disinfectant yet today?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks for getting that on for me. Had an old cassette in the tractor and thought of this kung flu going around now!

·
Premium Member
947 Posts

A glory hole is open but no haircut

Is this really about the virus
If the government shut places like that down they’d have to shut themselves down and give our butts a rest. At least those places don’t use pineapples, you’d hope

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
I don't know what the best solution is to nursing homes, ideally we would live in a world where they weren't needed.
I've been thinking about this and here's what I've come up with.

Build small cottage style houses (big enough for a couple and a guest room) on some farm land in the form of a small community connect them with sidewalks and some with covered walkways to each other and to common community buildings, kitchens, gyms, pools, shops, greenhouses etc. The facility would be surrounded with fields that could be worked by the community have older farm equipment that the residents could fix up and run, there would be gardens, paths etc. Basically it would be a senior run farm, residents could do anything from cooking to fixing/restoring, running equipment, checking crops, art, books, anything their abilities, bodies and minds will allow them to do.
Onsite or nearby would be living quarters for caretakers, nurses and such, there could be accommodations for family and friends nearby so they could visit and spend time without having to stay too far away. They could also stay in the guest rooms with the residents, kids could spend some of their summer holidays there working and learning from their elders.
Everybody could participate in some way, able bodied residents could do physical work as they are willing and able and those that are no longer mobile would still have access to facilities and fields etc. via wheelchair golf cart etc. with assistance from caretaker or family if available. Gaps would be filled by people that could do the work or be hired out if required.
It would be a real working farm with crops and animals bought and sold, residents may have to buy in and of course support staff would have to be paid. I think it could be run as a non profit venture? Maybe like a colony? People with more knowledge of government loopholes and manipulation then me can figure that out, there should be a way anyone with any current financial circumstance be able to live out their lives without any unnecessary financial burden or worries. Also caretakers would be paid a fair living wage, God bless these people for having the fortitude and patience to take care of us in our twilight years, it has to be hard.

My idea, probably too idealistic for most but it's how I envision a nice way to live out my last years.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
I've been thinking about this and here's what I've come up with.

Build small cottage style houses (big enough for a couple and a guest room) on some farm land in the form of a small community connect them with sidewalks and some with covered walkways to each other and to common community buildings, kitchens, gyms, pools, shops, greenhouses etc. The facility would be surrounded with fields that could be worked by the community have older farm equipment that the residents could fix up and run, there would be gardens, paths etc. Basically it would be a senior run farm, residents could do anything from cooking to fixing/restoring, running equipment, checking crops, art, books, anything their abilities, bodies and minds will allow them to do.
Onsite or nearby would be living quarters for caretakers, nurses and such, there could be accommodations for family and friends nearby so they could visit and spend time without having to stay too far away. They could also stay in the guest rooms with the residents, kids could spend some of their summer holidays there working and learning from their elders.
Everybody could participate in some way, able bodied residents could do physical work as they are willing and able and those that are no longer mobile would still have access to facilities and fields etc. via wheelchair golf cart etc. with assistance from caretaker or family if available. Gaps would be filled by people that could do the work or be hired out if required.
It would be a real working farm with crops and animals bought and sold, residents may have to buy in and of course support staff would have to be paid. I think it could be run as a non profit venture? Maybe like a colony? People with more knowledge of government loopholes and manipulation then me can figure that out, there should be a way anyone with any current financial circumstance be able to live out their lives without any unnecessary financial burden or worries. Also caretakers would be paid a fair living wage, God bless these people for having the fortitude and patience to take care of us in our twilight years, it has to be hard.

My idea, probably too idealistic for most but it's how I envision a nice way to live out my last years.
Not all bad of an idea but you would have to have a lot of like minded people living in that "coloney" (for lack of better term) to pull it off. Can you imagine a bunch of old farmers together trying to agree on something?!

My question is how does it work when the old people just don't want to work, or physically can not work? Is that an agreed upon term in the initial purchase that the rest of the members will support them? Or is there support staff to help in general operations of the farm? Guessing there would have to be staff as your are not going to have a bunch of seniors shoving livestock onto a trailer.

Its a bit out there but an interesting thought/concept.

·
Registered
394 Posts
God bless these people for having the fortitude and patience to take care of us in our twilight years, it has to be hard.
I like your idea, sounds like the old days when families took it upon themselves to care for their elders. Reminds me of the show the Waltons.
The issue I don't get is if these care homes are so bad where was the law suits and complaining families before the scourge out break. The liberal government clearly stated that families could visit inmates for compassionate reasons. I think its awfully insensitive to show more attention to there so called loved one when they are dead than when they had a chance when they were teetering on the verge of death. I would believe the family claims more if there was a long standing of poor care at the homes. The blame game showed here is a feeble attempt of personal redemption.
Realistically care homes were as greatly prepared for a scourge as our WHO.
Also not everybody can afford top care home care. That is why it is up to you to save enough to prepare for an extended retirement. Cant expect governments to look after you.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Not all bad of an idea but you would have to have a lot of like minded people living in that "coloney" (for lack of better term) to pull it off. Can you imagine a bunch of old farmers together trying to agree on something?!

My question is how does it work when the old people just don't want to work, or physically can not work? Is that an agreed upon term in the initial purchase that the rest of the members will support them? Or is there support staff to help in general operations of the farm? Guessing there would have to be staff as your are not going to have a bunch of seniors shoving livestock onto a trailer.

Its a bit out there but an interesting thought/concept.
All completely valid thoughts for sure, the concept is just that, a concept.
I just think even among us I'd guess over 90% would choose this environment over a typical care home. I also believe women fare far better in care homes then men because women are more socialized than men as a rule. I don't know about you but I'm much better at communicating and talking when I'm doing something.

A far as unequal contribution to the workload first of all this would be a big "hobby" farm, residents would only contribute what they want/are able to, same as going golfing etc. I don't have a model of how residents would "buy in" to this project, personally I'd lean more to a lease type of concept. The idea is to have people contribute for their entertainment without the burden of anything they are not interested in. It's for people to enjoy their golden years.
Of course there would have to be provisions to cover jobs that are undesirable etc., it would still be a business run on a similar principal to retirement homes only with a far richer lifestyle in my opinion.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
All completely valid thoughts for sure, the concept is just that, a concept.
I just think even among us I'd guess over 90% would choose this environment over a typical care home. I also believe women fare far better in care homes then men because women are more socialized than men as a rule. I don't know about you but I'm much better at communicating and talking when I'm doing something.

A far as unequal contribution to the workload first of all this would be a big "hobby" farm, residents would only contribute what they want/are able to, same as going golfing etc. I don't have a model of how residents would "buy in" to this project, personally I'd lean more to a lease type of concept. The idea is to have people contribute for their entertainment without the burden of anything they are not interested in. It's for people to enjoy their golden years.
Of course there would have to be provisions to cover jobs that are undesirable etc., it would still be a business run on a similar principal to retirement homes only with a far richer lifestyle in my opinion.
Sure nothing wrong with thinking outside the box! I know if I had to be locked in a care home I just as well be dead. Would much rather cash out a few years early. Had a land lord once that said if you find him face down in the manure in a cattle lot dead from a heart attack you'll see a smile on his face when you flip him over.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
I'd rather die face down in something else! But if manure is his thing, why not.

3041 - 3060 of 3227 Posts