The Combine Forum banner

3061 - 3080 of 3227 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Our country better pull up it's socks and get the economy rolling. When the majority of the population is on welfare and gov't officials don't have to go to work and still get paid we are in big trouble. I don't know how long it's going to take to recover from this, if ever. This wreckless spending is going on but it's going to be the end of many. Business's in crisis now if fired back up will be in the bottom of the well trying to get out. Each day that goes by the well gets a bit deeper. We can all make our choices on the level at which we fear this pandemic. I for one think people should be allowed to do as they choose. Since when has govt made choices that benefit you the working man or woman. They will tax your ass to pay for this all the while young healthy people are riding the "it's not safe to go to work " bandwagon getting paid more than a person can get employment insurance for. You want to open your business and assume the risk of exposure who are we to say no.This is so blown out of proportion it's ridiculous. All of Saskatchewan had 7 people die during complete shut down here. I can't even say that those deaths weren't skewed by severe underlying health issues which would have ended their life soon anyway. They don't say that he had a bad heart or he had a emphyzema or cancer etc as well as covid. They were on the road to death already.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I would look for simply restoring freedom. The economy can come later, and a natural result of freedom. Have we flattened the curve yet? That was the goal that experts around the world agreed was important. So has the goal been met, or did the goal posts get moved.

How many people have died from the plain old flu this year. The one that has always targeted the elderly and led to elevated deaths in care homes. As far as I know we are at 0 deaths in Canada from seasonal flu. But our data dependent governments may have different numbers they will share with us any day now as we need to know such facts as "we are all in this together".

·
Registered
1,701 Posts

• I would look for simply restoring freedom. The economy can come later, and a natural result of freedom. Have we flattened the curve yet? That was the goal that experts around the world agreed was important. So has the goal been met, or did the goal posts get moved.

How many people have died from the plain old flu this year. The one that has always targeted the elderly and led to elevated deaths in care homes. As far as I know we are at 0 deaths in Canada from seasonal flu. But our data dependent governments may have different numbers they will share with us any day now as we need to know such facts as "we are all in this together".
    Ok read this and drop the flu argument.

·
Registered
402 Posts
And then explain to us common folks why you keep making fake arguments that a supposedly smart guy like you must know are not real?
Like?
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but posting that someone is making fake arguments without any proof is a little below the belt in my world.
Are you trying to add to the discussion or tarnish someone's reputation?

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Like?
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but posting that someone is making fake arguments without any proof is a little below the belt in my world.
Are you trying to add to the discussion or tarnish someone's reputation?
Like the flu is equally as bad as covid.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You're both missing the important part, sure the numbers are still up there as it was, but what has happened to what is now our worthless dollar compared to the US... Those prices are where they are because of it not in spite of it
You could be a lot worse off, just look around a little. Prices of most things should come down as the overall spending and disposable income just won't be there. You can already see most online stores slashing prices, lots of items 30% or more off. It isn't all darkness for the poor poor grain farmer, who at this point is situated very very well economically.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
You could be a lot worse off, just look around a little. Prices of most things should come down as the overall spending and disposable income just won't be there. You can already see most online stores slashing prices, lots of items 30% or more off. It isn't all darkness for the poor poor grain farmer, who at this point is situated very very well economically.
WTF, where was I bitching? I was simply pointing out prices are artifically high because of the low Canadian dollar for which buying power is at an almost all time low. And how am I a "poor poor grain famer"? My main product is beef, so next time get your **** straight before beaking off ok?

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
You could be a lot worse off, just look around a little. Prices of most things should come down
But they won't. Look at the price of a barrel of oil, today gas at the pumps was .94. Do you think fertilizer will come down in relation to oil? I highly doubt it. Machinery won't. Crop supplies won't. A pair of slippers at Walmart? Possibly.
6 months from now, those same people that you see in videos jumping up and down with signs waving and thanking truck drivers and farmers, will be flipping us off and screaming we are destroying the earth demanding more carbon taxes.

Anyone else foreseeing a nurses union strike once this is over? Or the entire medical field as far as that goes. All day long we hear of the sacrafices they are making, how doctors are volunteering to help out. WTF? Volunteering for what? Going to the hospital so they have enough people for a poker game? Hospitals are empty.

I might be getting tired. I'm so f#cking sick of listening to this garbage day in and day out.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Brother it makes us feel good. How many times do we hear about soldier's sacrifice in these protracted Wars that never End? It's all a charade and endless Welfarism guised as Something Great that really isn't. With other Nefarious Agendas Intertwined. Freaking Sickening if you really sit back and put down the Kool Aid.

Where are the Grown Men at? Where? All bought and sold Driving Teslas with a Smug look on their shiit eatin faces with a Speech Balloon with the words.."I got Mines" inside it?

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
But they won't. Look at the price of a barrel of oil, today gas at the pumps was .94. Do you think fertilizer will come down in relation to oil? I highly doubt it. Machinery won't. Crop supplies won't. A pair of slippers at Walmart? Possibly.
6 months from now, those same people that you see in videos jumping up and down with signs waving and thanking truck drivers and farmers, will be flipping us off and screaming we are destroying the earth demanding more carbon taxes.

Anyone else foreseeing a nurses union strike once this is over? Or the entire medical field as far as that goes. All day long we hear of the sacrafices they are making, how doctors are volunteering to help out. WTF? Volunteering for what? Going to the hospital so they have enough people for a poker game? Hospitals are empty.

I might be getting tired. I'm so f#cking sick of listening to this garbage day in and day out.
Try taking the NF123 approach to news media once in awhile. Ignore it. Life is better without the negative stupidity.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Try taking the NF123 approach to news media once in awhile. Ignore it. Life is better without the negative stupidity.
Now we are talking! I am not sure how things are going in your area, but I haven't seen the news in 2 weeks. Best 2 weeks all year(so far) even with the break downs. You all must have equipment that doesn't break to have time to watch the news lol.

3061 - 3080 of 3227 Posts