The Combine Forum banner

1061 - 1080 of 1628 Posts

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Well, i was one who didn't hoard, so know i am really out of TP and other stuff, so now i have to go find a store with TP, Butter, Pasta. I am gonna hate this.
Ohhh, it ain't that bad 😂

Fixed the bathroom sink drain at mom's house a few months ago, she had 20 under the sink, asked her "got enough TP?". She said "I think so" and showed me a another 50 roll package she keeps as backup,one person 🙄

I can talk to her, whatayasay? Fifty bucks each?

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Well, i was one who didn't hoard, so know i am really out of TP and other stuff, so now i have to go find a store with TP, Butter, Pasta. I am gonna hate this.
While I realize this has little bearing on the time line and that your in Calgary, but back last week Tuesday I was in Grande Prairie and the same thing with certain items just cleaned out of some stores, Super Store did have some TP on the shelf and there was a small lineup by 7 in the morning to get into the store and you guessed it, everyone headed to that isle and they had a staff member standing there the whole time to ensure that every customer only got ONE pack. I also picked up various other things and most of the pasta was stripped out of that store but I happened across a larger economy size box of spaghetti down on the very bottom shelf. In any event when I checked out, here they had a pile of small packs of a cheapy type TP sitting near the customer service counter guarding it. So maybe, just maybe they are continuing that theme in all of their stores and wouldn't hurt to check a store in your area first thing in a morning early in the off chance they are doing the same and they may have a bit on the shelf of a larger size if you are an early bird customer. I know it feels like ones in a third world country lining up to a store and everyone is in a panic, I just hated to be one of "them" myself in a line up but I didn't hoard nor intend to be near a store for some time now unless I am really forced to be. At the time Costco had lots of loaves of bread etc, lots of stuff in the freezer isles, you might have a weird diet for the next while but all you can do is try and and hope you don't get the darned virus in the process.

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Made it back, NO [email protected] TP. Saw some guy stuffing every milk jug he could grab into two shopping carts. My next door neighbor just got home and is an ER nurse, She looked like she could use a drink if not more. over 10,000 calls a day from panicking citizens. It's times like this when you see the real character of people.

·
Premium Member
8,109 Posts
Words cannot describe how insane some people have got over all of this. As predicted there are small businesses that have already stated they are not going to re-open. Power is flowing to the top and our rights and freedoms are being taken daily, enforced by empowered activist citizens who are completely intolerant of any view but their own. Seems the TV and government have some sort of monopoly on the truth and facts...

So far only a handful of people in Manitoba are actually sick, and here's the sort of thing that is deemed necessary:

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Really dismantle, Wow.
You know what got us to this stage, political correctness! sh!t should have got strict at day one, instead of this crap about offending people, now we are really suffering from being too polite to the thin skinned.
lets just keep lowering the bar until we all are royally screwed.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Power is flowing to the top and our rights and freedoms are being taken daily, enforced by empowered activist citizens who are completely intolerant of any view but their own. Seems the TV and government have some sort of monopoly on the truth and facts...
I've said this several times here and to several different people. The elites keep pushing the envelop farther everyday taking more of our rights and freedoms away every chance they get. The sad thing is look how easy it was for them. Look how willingly so many gave up basic human freedoms. I wonder if the majority of the populous will even realize they are prisoners in their own homes if this continues on. Now there are some advocating this for three months, not just four weeks. Once control has been taken its sure hard for the elites to give it up.

Generations ago death was a small price to pay for freedom, now we're willing to give that all up for some to live. I'm pretty sure we've headed in the wrong direction on this one, I just hope we don't have to shoot our way out of it.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
The Tinfoil is what the Good Civic Cuck Mericans will be eating as they are taken to the Gulags. Conservatives were dead after the Old Right Repubs like Howard Buffet were pushed out of the party.

Like Patton said I believe... We fought the wrong enemy in WWII. Bolshevik Commies were the real threat. All we did is pave the way for the New World ODOR. Sorry folks we been had.

And the US getting involved in WWI was completely egregious and destructive for the West. Pure Evil SOBs is all I can say.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Words cannot describe how insane some people have got over all of this. l[/URL]
SW, I got to tell you, my boomer parents, children of the rebellious 60s are all in with the govt on this. The believe 100% that there are going to be billions of dead and we have to shut it all down corner to corner no matter what. We will come out of the recession like we always do.

I try to talk reason to them but especially highlight the lasting damage in the economy is probably not going to be recovered from for reasons they probably don't know. Our population is older, more indebted, weaker minded, easily controlled, dependent, scared. Imagine a mom and pop restaurant shutting down for a couple months. Even if the govt gives them some bridge cash to try and survive, once we restart everybody is going to be broke and wont be going into that shop for 6 months afterwards and if they are still scared of social contact, maybe longer. Who is going to ride that out? They will just say f it and close up the doors, default on the loan or rent agreement and walk away. There is going to be hundred of thousands of businesses in that boat.

On top of that, we are going to create an underclass of people who will probably never know meaningful work. They will be wards of the state forever. And we will have to carry them.

We don't know what we have done here.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
I would think that with the hogging of food such as the milk situation you saw ( of course its possible there was a reason behind it you couldn't realize ), that at the till and be it self check out or otherwise a person would be stopped from buying more then a certain amount and easier if that was posted by each product that has an issue with lack of volumes. Like I mentioned before, if you have the time and no guarantee of anything, getting to Super Store well before 7 ( I think that is when they open but they may have new shorter hours so check that out online first ) and if you have the Costco card once again stand in line there well before they open and make a b line for the paper products and if all they have is kleenex its better then nothing. Typically a lot of the restocking and shipments are put on the shelves over night.

Pretty soon we will see groups of soldier looking outfits marching along with patches that say NWO ( New World Order ) and hassling and threatening to fine or jail anyone who blinks their eyes the wrong way and they will adopt the Nazi goose step and solute.

·
Premium Member
4,982 Posts
Getting to be limits on many popular items in local grocery stores here after they got raided by convoys of folks 150 miles away from Ft Mac last week.

While I can see the logic in that, at the same time limiting all the locals does cause us to have to go back more often...which seems kind of counter productive to me...

·
Registered
305 Posts
I try to talk reason to them but especially highlight the lasting damage in the economy is probably not going to be recovered from for reasons they probably don't know
We are going to be ripe for the picking if we dont smarten up. Jazz you just cant reason with the over sensitive political correct crowd. ! I am getting Sick of the TV now especially CNN ,but I swear I saw the live death toll ticker on the right hand screen bounce up and down just like the DOW industrial average! If that's not drama I dont know how insane the media can get. sigh!
Get this …...Liberals are bailing out the media outlets in Canada as well!
Holy Cow what ever happened with our messed up Canola market.
Here s hoping Trumps plan of getting everybody back to work by Easter comes true.

·
Registered
305 Posts
CBC reported today 1 out of 3 Canadians are worried they will not make there rent or mortgage payments.
Too late for a rainy day fund for some! Boy oh boy, if the city folks cant survive a few months without income how would they survive if they had to wait all winter to harvest last years crop this spring!

1061 - 1080 of 1628 Posts