The Combine Forum banner

1081 - 1100 of 1630 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
I wonder how deep the chinese are investing in the cheap stocks as markets tumble. It was up a little today, why bomb a country when you can own it. Sacrifice a few thousand people and start a panic, buy out your enemies

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
CBC reported today 1 out of 3 Canadians are worried they will not make there rent or mortgage payments.
Too late for a rainy day fund for some! Boy oh boy, if the city folks cant survive a few months without income how would they survive if they had to wait all winter to harvest last years crop this spring!
Was this a non biased pole, after all the CBC should have gone to some of the reserves, as well as all those illegal boarder crossers we are putting up hotels to ask the same question to have a fair representation :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Service Economy unfortunately dont allow folks even the most frugal much potential savings stockpile. Not too mention the inflation of your currency. Oligarch Welfare kills the little man for sure, it's just hidden under the guise of productive exercise.

You know building on cheap credit, Govt contracts, etc. etc. Other wise everything but a healthy Free Enterprise system.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I wonder if a pandemic really broke out in China from eating Pangolins or bats and overwhelmed the world healthcare systems and economy's ,like really happened not this fake **** that's happening with this beer virus how would it manifest itself? Hmmmm I wonder.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Hind sight it will be easy to say what was the right thing to do. So far hindsight says we should have stopped all flights period in January. W.H.O. was leading the ideology of what measures govt should take. Too slow IMO with a disease that can spread this easily. Everyone was concerned of short term economic effects and let it get to where we are now, and the kaos we are experiencing. Only a fool would think this is not a serious disease and it will put a severe strain on our economy. The only bright side is it's not just us that is going to suffer economic hardships from this pandemic. All countries with it are bearing the burden of what this has done. Nobody is any better or worse off than the next guy after this is done. EXCEPT there is a govt who isn't fit to run a lemonade stand asking for full control.Yes the Liberals scare the hell out of me at a time like this with wanting full control. Kind of like letting a convicted pedaeophile watch your kids for the week.

·
Registered
893 Posts
CBC reported today 1 out of 3 Canadians are worried they will not make there rent or mortgage payments.
Too late for a rainy day fund for some! Boy oh boy, if the city folks cant survive a few months without income how would they survive if they had to wait all winter to harvest last years crop this spring!
After the feds messed up all the markets to boot. Canola should be well over $12.

·
Registered
302 Posts
SW, I got to tell you, my boomer parents, children of the rebellious 60s are all in with the govt on this. The believe 100% that there are going to be billions of dead and we have to shut it all down corner to corner no matter what.

The Boomers I interact with which would be my wife and I's folks and her uncles are pretty much exact opposite of what you describe.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Canadian media bought and paid for. World media? Were are we getting our info on how bad this is? Who do you trust for real numbers?

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Canadian media bought and paid for. World media? Were are we getting our info on how bad this is? Who do you trust for real numbers?
We have 3 online free channels that work "a lot of the time". CNN because we refuse to pay for their garbage but sometimes we want to hear the constant "liar liar pants on fire" refrain. Radio France english language service which is usually pretty good and Al Jazeera english language. I've also got an RT feed which can be entertaining but not particularly informative. BBC is better than CBC but obviously that's setting the bar pretty low. The internet feeds can be flaky at times but we're only on Sasktel's village level high speed. I think they actually have a higher level of service even here but you have to take their Max TV in order to get it. Occasionally when we try to view one of the online channels it just doesn't happen.

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
I remember when I was like 15 my old man telling me not to listen to the CBC because that **** will rot your brain. That was 30 years ago when there was a hint of non partisan reporting! It’s absolutely sickening now!

·
Super Moderator
2,777 Posts
Brother Lloyd is in a Calgary facility that had a C 19 death.
4 other residents and one staff testing positive, 19 others showing signs.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
The most unfortunate thing about all this is that we will all go through this and most won't learn a damn thing from it. Once this blows over (and it will) within a year, people will go back to doing the same things they were doing before this happened. People will STILL go back to spending freely, living hand to mouth, not saving anything for a "rainy day". The UN will STILL attack countries sovereignty and push for globalization, People will STILL buy imports because they are cheap rather than support local manufacturing and on and on.

1081 - 1100 of 1630 Posts