The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if the speed readout on the corner post of a 9750STS can be recalibrated? The speed does not mach my hand held GPS by almost 1km/h Therefor i`m finding my yeild monitor is a fair bit out of accuracy. My mass flow sencer readout in kgs is perfect but it does not match what the yield is saying. I know the kgs readout is correct cos on a 30000kg load it`s within 50kg of being correct but when i work out the area covered it does not match the yield readout. That is why i think my incorrect speed could be throwing the yeild out.
Any other ideas anyone?????

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
With the combine stopped and the tires properly inflated, mark the tire/track and the ground near the outer edge of the tire.

Drive the combine forward until the mark on the tire touches the ground again (one full revolution). In inches, measure the distance from this point to the starting point.

Divide the measurement from step 2 (in inches) by 6.28 then multiply it by 25.4. The result is the rolling radius of the tire/ track that can be entered into address:

(ex. value from step 2/ 6.28 *25.4 = rolling radius in mm )

50 & 60 Series Machines
C03 112

Can not find this in metric

·
Registered
37 Posts
As tom said above go to that address to change. All I ever did is find the % difference between the gps and the corner post and enter in that number instead of getting out and marking wheels. This way you can do it on the go!

·
Registered
193 Posts
I went about it the 'redneck' way - I changed my header width form 30 ft. (use a 930R) to 32 ft., and my acres work out right on the button. I'm sure I could have found the 'correct' way to change it, but this works for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts