The Combine Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
I stopped reading the article when she endorsed the Sugar industry. The single best thing anyone can do for health and longevity is to cut the sugar from the diet.
Thats just plain wrong sorry. Sugar in moderate amounts is not a problem at all. But in the North American diet which pretty much spills over to large parts of the world sugar is so over represented in the makeup of so many foods that even if you cut out sugar as such you would still be getting a substantial amount in your overall food consumption.
If you followed a more Mediterranean diet you can add a judicious amount of sugar for taste with little or no health consequences.

·
Registered
543 Posts
“Yvette d'Entremont, also known as SciBabe, is a public speaker, science blogger, and former analytical chemist. She has a background in forensics and toxicology. Her blog, SciBabe, is dedicated to "clearing up misinformation about science, food and nutrition." .... Wikipedia

You have got to be kidding me. We are supposed to be taking health advise from a blogger, with no health/medical background? On an article written claiming certain foods ‘won’t make you look like a supermodel’?
Well I can’t top that, I am out.

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
“Yvette d'Entremont, also known as SciBabe, is a public speaker, science blogger, and former analytical chemist. She has a background in forensics and toxicology. Her blog, SciBabe, is dedicated to "clearing up misinformation about science, food and nutrition." .... Wikipedia

You have got to be kidding me. We are supposed to be taking health advise from a blogger, with no health/medical background? On an article written claiming certain foods ‘won’t make you look like a supermodel’?

Please cut and paste where Yvette "endorses the sugar industry" ?

·
Registered
771 Posts

Read "former analytical chemist". There would be substantial overlap in the learning and knowledge required for that qualification and a health/medical researcher. The human body and how it works is just a series of interacting chemical reactions. And people with genuine science qualification are eminently equipped to sort out the wheat from the chaff with online articles regarding health etc.
I follow Scibabe and she does a lot of good refuting idiot claims on a range of subjects using proven science instead of woo and snake oil.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I stopped reading the article when she endorsed the Sugar industry. The single best thing anyone can do for health and longevity is to cut the sugar from the diet.

Really? Sugar is bad? I think my honey that comes right out of the bee's hive is pretty good for me actually - unless the hive was near flowering peas, then is tastes terrible.

As for the gluten thing, gluten basically acts like glue. It can do a good job of gumming up the digestive system unless it is balanced with this thing called fiber, which is found in copious quantities in small grains' seed coat.

When you remove a lot of the fiber to make "white flour", you might not feel so hot when you tank up on gluten without the fiber to go with it.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts