The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I'm about to start going through my cotton picker this month and wondering where you get your parts and what parts do you normally keep in stock for you picker

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need the same number of cotton picker parts as I need parts for the space station.
I am actually serious here I know what I normally keep but wondering what other people keep instock and I'm tired of using deere they always order the wrong part here even when I give them the part number but I don't want to go down in quality and I have the only picker for over 100 miles so there are no parts for them

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts
I realize you were serious, the diversity of things that come up here is both good and interesting.
That particular diversity just struck me as funny.

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,662 Posts
Most people still use JD stuff in OZ.
There’s a few wrecker machines getting about now (7760’s). Plenty of all the other models red and green.

For high wear consumables like pads, differs and spindles etc etc a lot of people are sourcing from out Neils, which is owned by Worthington.

Guessing there is Worthington stuff scattered all around the US.........?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have found to keep things like,a roll of grease line,with squezze clamps and long reach duckbill pliers.theres always one broke or leaking.also some clear water hose and clamps for moisture system.a few doffer stacks already ground and ready.we also have a cheap electric pressure washer we run off a generator thats in our service truck,and park our nurse tank in the field for water to wash spindles with and fill water system.the biggest challenge ive had is getting moisture right with crop.its a moving target as crop changes often with season and varieties.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts