The Combine Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
the king ranch is just rediculous. they are the largest show farm i know if. a couple of my buddys worked for them and rode horses all day. id love to see their place for sure

Matt

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
You want to see it? Go stand in the middle of a milo field and look around, welcome to the King Ranch, oh I almost forgot do it on a day of 100 degree heat with 95% humidity.

·
Registered
578 Posts
the king ranch also owns its own deere dealership as well. robstown hardware in robstown texas----tell me if that doesnt have its advantages

·
Registered
166 Posts
you aint kidding alex south texas sucks you wake up, walk outside and ur automaticly sweating ive spent my fair share of summers down there
if i farmed 60,000 acres of milo and cotton i would have my own gin, and elevator if you do the math a typical cotton crop it 2 bales per acre that 60,000 bales thats what an average gin will do in south texas. an average milo crop is 5,000 lbs per arce which equals 1.5 million l think
ive heard stories of people sneaking into the king ranch to hunt deer just to say that they did it some of them have never came back out

·
Registered
166 Posts
oh yea forgot to mention that berger harvesting alslo picks for boyd liskta who also has his own gin we stripped for him for a while but decied that he would rather leave cotton in the field rather than put it in the module

·
Registered
11 Posts
You wouldn't have to, it was a staged picture. It would be terribly inefficient to run 40+ pickers in one field, even in King Ranch Farms' ultra large fields.

Ron

21 - 30 of 30 Posts