The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With thw new format, why does it put a UK flag by my user name in a post. I know why, but why can it not be a canadaian flag, where I am from?

At work our satelitte internet is conneted to a UK server.

·
Administrator
454 Posts
With thw new format, why does it put a UK flag by my user name in a post. I know why, but why can it not be a canadaian flag, where I am from?

At work our satelitte internet is conneted to a UK server.
If you have not reset your location on your profile, it will automatically use your IP.

Setting Your Location

Click on your avatar, near the upper right-hand corner of the site. Select account settings from the drop-down menu.

On the account settings page, scroll down to location.

As you start typing your city, it will offer you choices appear in the drop-down menu. Click to select the one that displays your location.

If you prefer to only display your state, simply type your state, and then click on it in the drop-down menu.

Within discussion threads, you will see your country flag displayed under your username.

- Cricket

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Can I either get my true location flag to show (Alberta) or just get that red and white one removed from my profile and left blank?. BTW Don, I went to school with a guy that looked just like "Alfred E Newman".

·
Registered
518 Posts
the location that it shows there is the -country- you logged in from, not the province or state .where you were registered from..
for example, i logged in from the czech republic [which is where the flag shows] but im registered from sask ..
When you hover over the flag it then shows where you are registered, in your case it's northern alberta

1 - 11 of 11 Posts