The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to get grandpas 1440 in better shape than it is. He's had it for 8 years now and not hardly put a dime in it, although he only has 200 acres of corn beans and wheat, but the corns harvested with dads 760 massey... I work at a JD dealer as a tech, so I have mechanical knowlege but these IH combines are a little greek to me. The feeder conveyor chain and sprockets, clean grain and tailings elevator chains and sprockets need replaced. I can get A&I parts through work at a little bit of discount so I was wondering what the quality of these parts were? I was thinking for the acres its hard to justify putting too many dollars in parts from case in it. The other question about the parts is the elephant ears on the front of the rotor are gettin pretty rounded and looks like it might have seen a rock or two(although the cone and rest of the rotor look alright), How are the marlin impellers through a&i?? Ive heard talk of them but havnt really heard if they are any better than factory. The combine does not have a rock trap in it if that makes a difference. Thanks for any help, Its just i'm new to working on axial combines and tryin to get things in better shape because grandpa bein 87 years old he's not doin the best this year and workin full time job cant afford any downtime.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have been running A&I Parts in my machine for quite awhile and have had no trouble with them. I am running the Kile Rotor kit on a standard rotor and am happy with it. Running split sprockets on the elevators as they clamp down tight and stop the working of the keys in the key ways in the auger shafts. Machine is a 1470 (1460 with hillside package). Good luck.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whats the cost on the kile rotor kits? I'm also curious on the split sprockets... How much are those and where did you get them from? It sounds like a good solution because I know we have some issues with that on alot of the Deeres that come into work the keyways wearing out or sometimes the sprockets freezing to the shafts. I guess going back to the front of the rotor, If I need to change the blades, then I was thinking of upgrading, but i'm not goin to spend and arm and a leg when/if the combine gets sold its not going to increase the value much.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Shoup has the Kile Rotor kit listed for $1095.00. I got the sprockets from JecoSupply.com. As I recall they were made by Black Ace. Seems like they ran around $55.00 to $60.00. They are not as wide as OEM sprockets so I made new spacers. So far they have worked well.

·
Registered
118 Posts
C M Welding In Indiana rebuilds all of thoes internal parts and hard faces them for much less cost then new ones. 765-891-1722

·
Registered
101 Posts
ive been running koomia ears and wear bars in my 1440 there cheap and are made well wear bars are $70.00 a set and elephant ears are $210.00 a set they are good parts and they come with hardware also they also carry corn head parts every thing i could get from them i got it for my head and combine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts