The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are specing a 9.90 for corn and soybeans for southern Minnesota. This would be our first New Holland and I have a few ?s.

Can anyone tell me what the "Variable hydraulic traction drive" option does and if it is worth an extra $4846.00?

Which is better? The DSP or dynamic stone protection which I believe is the new mechanical stone trap or ASP automatic stone trap?

I believe the mechanical DSP stone trap is about $10,000.00 more than the ASP. The dealer thinks the ASP is working well on the new machines and will be the best.

The adjustable abrasive vanes for the rotor is an extra $6180.00. Is this something I need??

Do I need the long unloading auger for 40' flex draper or? Dealer thinks I can get by with the second longest 8.3m auger?

Any help is appreciated!

Mark

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just ordered a 9.90 in Aus for next wheat season and ordered a dfr feeder house taking a punt that it will be better for feeding crop into rotors and I think feeder house is longer also have been using a 960 with asp and don't like it

·
Registered
15 Posts
I do not know a lot about the new series of combines but I don't think they have changed a lot. I work as a technician at a NH dealer. The model year 15 dsp is probably going to be better but we have had a lot of complaints of low capacity with previous years. They have added some serrated lugs to the rock drum which helps feed better. I prefer the asp personally but if you have a lot of rocks it might be smart to go with the dsp to save time.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Get he long auger no question either that or ad a Stewart steel extender I have put one most of my cr's I run a 42 ft draper

·
Registered
977 Posts
wE HAVE A 2014 cr8090 , RUNNING A NH 45' 880 cf Flex Draper.
Combine is factory equipped with the longest auger available at that time , 8.3m i think . I can measure if you want .
After the 1st day of harvest with it , we ordered a Stewart Auger extension for it , grain carts way too close to the head .

We have DSP on ours and it works real good , ran with a CR 9060 a bit this fall that had the ASP on it . 1 big difference was if we were in tough conditions and feeding wads of crop occasionally , the ASP would open up and he would have to stop and lift feeder house to reset it . He did say he had it set fairly sensitive to reduce stone ingestion .
Our Cr8090 is a size bigger than a CR9060 he could achieve 3.5 to 3.7 mph with a 30' flex auger and we were running 4.2 to 4.7 mph with a 45' flex draper and not stopping to reset ASP .
The DSP is basically a front beater that will drive any heavier foreign object down into the stone trap .
I would recommend the DSP , but it's your money and your conditions .

"Variable hydraulic traction drive" not exactly sure what that is ,but ours has the 2 spd diff's in it ( which may be the same thing), gives us a 25 mph ground speed and 2 speeds in each gear which we found handy when climbing hills or running in 4wd .
Our next NH will have the adjustable rotor vanes in it , better control of the flow through the rotors , we would have made those adjustments a few times this season if we had it . (whether we go to the high abrasion or not is questionable in our case)

·
Registered
26 Posts
The ASP has worked great as long as the operator remembers to turn sensitivity up in beans.
The adjustable veins are a great option also. You can change the pitch in the top cover veins to slow or speed up the crop flow through the rotors.
I would recommend the longer unloading auger for the 40' head.
I don't have any experience with the Variable hydraulic traction drive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.