The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We currently have a '13 S690 and harvest wheat and canola. Canola is swathed with a 35ft swather and wheat is cut with a JD 640FD, Would a '19 CR9.90 do more in a day. We generally grow lots of straw.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes all we have a 2012 690 with sunnybrook and kuchar front and back beater ( i would never run another deere without those )
We alsl have a 2010 9070 with nothing fancy...in dry canola ( 30 foot swather) the 9070 does as many acres in a day easily. In dry 90 bushel wheat ( no not this yr) it does a bit less ( say 90% of) with ABSOLUTELY less throwing over.. we can push that big 690 if we want but throwing over limits how quick we can go 7 mph in 80 bushel wheat is easy...but....why..and to what end?
We have demoed... many.. different colors..qnd after running a dual rotor we will never, ever ever, ever ( u get my point) go back to a single rotor machine FOR THE CROPS WE HARVEST .. wheat..large farva beans..canola..barley... peas..

I dont believe that a 690 will touch a 9090, ( or 9080 for that matter) in any condition ..any crop. And i love our big girl. BUT theres a reason deere built a dual rotor system to keep up with NH and Claas...

·
Super Moderator
4,681 Posts
Yes all we have a 2012 690
We also have a 2010 9090
Have run beside both (same fields, same time) for years, in summary:
  • A 9090 will never put through as much as a S690, losses be dammed
  • A S690 will never save as much as a 9090 at the same feed rate

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you arent in a rush... it doesnt really matter what u run... i feel like all the new combines ( and old ones for that matter) all do what theyre supposed to..
If theyre set right? Besides.. diesel is just a write off so pfffffttttttt

·
Registered
101 Posts
Run with a 9090 and 9080, and have spent few years doing custom work for my neighbor. He has a S680 and S690. In high volume wheat the 9080 and S690 run side by side with similar losses. The 9090 is an elevation model and it will run ~0.5mph faster with similar losses. The S690 wont touch it for acres/hr without much bigger lossses out the back. The S680 runs very close to the 9080 and S690 when the sun is up, but is maybe couple tenths slower. gives up more ground at night.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have run beside both (same fields, same time) for years, in summary:
  • A 9090 will never put through as much as a S690, losses be dammed
  • A S690 will never save as much as a 9090 at the same feed rate
Just observing from the mid east Don. So working with 9770 jd and 9.90 cr doing flax and other grains. With 2018 9.90 cr I pick up 4 swaths while 9770 picks up 2 doing flax. Not sure about s690 as Ive only demoed a S 680 and worked together with another S 680 in canola where it ran same speed as 9770 with 5 more feet of macdon header. With 2013 and 2015 s 680 and 9770, I follow them around with harrow to spread straw when things get tough but OK when dry. After trading off my 9090, Im seeing much easier combining with more done and an excellent rock trap now. Old 9090 was a bit upsetting to say the least. Reset on concave vs shearpin was major in never stopping. Now I can run flex header and just go. I was doing a mile an hour faster with no loss especially when evenings come. Belgium style shoe made big difference. Also loosing macdon fd 60 header made feeding issues go away so now nh 880 flex header and feeding evenly at 90+ load gets more done for me. Im not in the million dollar combine club but still getting lots done. Trust you are having a good winter. Wishing you and your family a good year.

·
Super Moderator
4,681 Posts
To you as well Darrell.

Your concave shearpin comment takes me back to 07 when I rented an CR 9070 (first year for that model), my oldest daughter ran it and became shearpin queen as she called herself.

Never ran in flax with them, back in those days you’d have to look hard to find a flax field but it is getting easier now.

You are one of the few that likes a CNH header and it is now a collectors item.
CNH signed with MacDon in mid Dec to supply draper headers, by the time they do they will be FD2’s and that is a good thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts