The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a CR 9060 feeding problem.
Crop won't feed into rotors. Everything is fine then combine starts vibrating and a wade goes into rotors bang. Concave shear bolts often shear causing a lot of frustration. Any suggestions MEL

·
Registered
367 Posts
Any discussion about feeding problems must include the header. What header and what crop are you doing, and what can you describe about feeding characteristics of the header? 9060 is narrow body machine with narrow throat, so feeding problems at header can easily cause what you describle. what is rotor speed also?

·
Premium Member
5,770 Posts
A quick story to back up 9700s point.

We have a TR98 (same size feedhouse, err, 'straw elevator' as the 9060) and had a Macdon in it for years. 2 or 3 times per hour we would plug the feedhouse -hour after hour, day after day. Got a honeybee on it last year and plugged up once the whole year.

Make sure your belts are tight that drive the feedhouse (under the step platform) and that your slipclutch is adjusted tight enough so that the feedhouse isn't slowing down on you. Stick your head in the stone trap door and make sure nothing is there that crop could get caught on.

·
Super Moderator
4,008 Posts
What crop? My money's on barley.
Does this machine have that X weld underneath the front feeder drum? Speaking of incredibly stupid ideas!
Neighbors last year had feeding problems on two CR9070's, found the old smooth plate they used to put in, must have helped, never heard from him again.

Don

·
Registered
32 Posts
I run a NH dealership and the CR feedplate has some support issues directly in front of the concaves whereby it can be pushed down by a plug or small rock or other foreign object. When it does, the round rod welded on the front of the concave is exposed and causes loss of smooth transition from feedplate to concave. You can reach in from the side access to the concaves, remove the concave extension and feel the transition to see if that's the problem. You will usually find one of the cast supports that are above the feedplate and bolted to it cracked. The fix is pretty easy but the feederhouse has to come off. The other items mentioned in this thread are certainly ones to check too.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The other thing you may want to check, (if you are using a honeybee), is to be sure that it has the angled feed guide plates in the bottom of the header, below the finger auger. These are necessary on a narrow feederhouse machine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. I am using a Macdon 973 30' old style flex header, in a 50-60 bush sp wheat crop. I have done swathed winter bnwheat and barley and did have some trouble in the Barley, I did some winter wht standing and it was fine. the peas were done straight and maybe I have damaqed something I well get cheking it today. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts