The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are looking at trading our 2004 cr 970 with apprx 1500 sep hours.We started looking at new and 1 year old 9070s until i talked to a guy that went from a 2003 cr970 to a 2007 cr9060 and said there is hardly any diffence in size. Maybe we could be looking at a 9060. We farm in southwestern manitoba and grow 3600 acres of wheat,peas,canola,barley,flax.Anyone have any advice? thanks

·
Premium Member
5,770 Posts
There is a difference in size. Cleaning area and rotor diameter. So either your CR970 is oversized for what you want to do with it, or the 9060 will not be able to clean as well. peas and canola (especially when dry) I think would have you wishing for a wide body again. Any idea how the guy drives? If they didn't run to capacity with their 970, then they probably think they are about the same. I think when the going gets tough you will be happier with the power/threshing/cleaning of the 9070. Only so much you can ram into the 17 inch rotors no matter how much power you have behind it. And the narrow feedhouse may be another issue.

I would go big, then you know you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
We moved from a 960 to a 9060 and finally to a 9070. No doubt the 9070 is a lot more combine, I wouldn't want to move back to a smaller combine.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys, Now our case dealer is trying to get us to switch to a 2009 8120.Anyone had a case and switch to newholland or run both to compare.

·
Premium Member
5,770 Posts
Demoed a 7010 when they first came out. Same productivity in the dry (straight cutting durum) as the TR98. There is a reason that when CNH goes after the Lexion harvesting records in Europe they use a big NH rather than a 9120

1 - 6 of 6 Posts