The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else ever had the frame on the cleaning shoe break on their CR combines? We have a 2009 CR 9070 and the frame broke in half in front of the cleaning fan on the ladder side of the machine. As soon as I seen where it broke, I thought it looked like a weak point on the machine. I talked to the local New Holland shop foreman and asked him if this was a design flaw, at first he was reluctant to say anything, then he finally said they would try patch it up for the season then in the winter they would take it to their shop to fix it with an updated version of the frame. When the mechanic was there fixing it, he said they just ran one out of the shop the day before with the exact same problem, and I know of another one in the area that had this happen last year. He said New Holland would cover half the parts and about 20% of the labor. Kinda pisses a guy off when you pay that much for a piece of equipment and nothing is done until it breaks!!! This isn't a minor breakdown!!! Why wouldn't they make an upgrade a guy could install on their own before it breaks?? It wouldnt be that hard to do, but now the entire machine needs to be ripped apart to fix it. Seriously considering trading on a Massey, New Holland quality is really starting to slip, this machine has been one thing after another, mostly electronic issues that no one can seem to fix, yet we still get charged for parts and labor. Just seeing how many others have had this happen.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you know what year the updated frame went into production? Just wondering if my 2010 is the same as your 09 that failed.
I'm not sure the year it started, but if you need it done, look into what you can get out of New Holland, it wont be a cheap repair.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I rebuilt my 2006 CR9070 over the summer. Needed a new upper shoe, new lower shoe, new sieves. The self levelling frame looked fine, so we left it alone. Upper and lower shoe both had cracks in them.

Since the upper and lower shoe are driven off the levelling frame, any pounding or looseness there will wreck either the shoes or the levelling frame (or both!). Doesn't really matter how beefy it is, if the shoes are not square inside the levelling frame, if bushings are pounded out or your eccentric bearing(s) are gone you will have cracking (and fast!).

I changed my eccentric shaker bearings at 1200 thresher hours and both shoes and most bushings at 1500 thresher hours.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.