The Combine Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was just curious what kind of changes have CNH implemented into the new CR 9070 combine and the rest of their CR, CX range.

I'm assuming more power, but how much?

Are there any other changes that are worth taking note of, and are they going to implement some of this stuff into the 8010 also.

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
144 Posts
Re: CR 9070

We got a new one this year and the jump from 370 to 400 hp was noticable and a good improvement. The power usage doesn't drop nearly as much as the crop thickens as the old one did. It was worth it to switch machines IMHO. Other than engine hp not much else seems different.

·
Registered
144 Posts

I saw a new 9070 at a farm show yesterday. The unload auger is more like the JD. It comes forward more, slopes up higher and is faster and has a molded plastic discharge like the JD. A tier III engine and new touch screen display. I should have taken my camera. Internally I think it's just like a 970.

·
Registered
76 Posts

The CR9070 has the same engine IVECO 10.3L but with the fuel turned up. The CR9040 and 9060 both have a 9.0L CDC Cummins.

My understanding is that the new Color Touchscreen Universal Display (Intelliview2 or Inteliview 2 Plus) must replace the smaller built in screen that the old CR models had.

·
Registered
76 Posts

Not sure what engine the 7010 has. One guy said it was a 9.0L IVECO but the IVECO Cursor did come in 3 sizes a 7.8L, 10.3L, and 12.9L. IVECO was stopping the 7.8L at the end of Tier2 but was supposed to replace it with a 8.7L for Tier3. I don't know if its even being built yet or not. Just know for certain that the CR9040 and 9060 have the Cummins 9.0L.

Around here doing tillage work like ripping, eveyone has been saying that the TG's with the 8.3L Cummins were using about a third more fuel than they used to do with the 8970's covering the same area with the same load on the tractor. So it does seem theCummins is a very fuel hungry engine.

·
Registered
592 Posts

I dont believe you will find an engine that has better fuel economy than the 7.5 genesis. I have ran an 87 88 and an 8970 side by side with johnny case and cat, pulling the same implement and the genesis used a little over half than the other brands. The 8870 is unbeatable when it comes to fuel economy. and it has lots of power. Only one problem with it (which was probably the Bosch fuel pump) when turning around at the end of the row and dropping the three piont hitch cultivator it almost dies if you dont punch the foot throttle until its down and pulling. just seemed to me that the turbo wasn't kicking in fast enough for the quick load.

Our tr98 uses a lot of fuel though, 12 gph

·
Registered
664 Posts

hrm, im not liking what im hearing. we just purchased a new tg 230 and it has the smaller cummins in it.

·
Registered
380 Posts

Did NH do anything to help update the feederhouse (wasn't it a very limiting factor???).

·
Registered
3,334 Posts

Yeah Buts its Tier 3....So it does use more fuel but its better for the birds and the bee's

There's been alot of old crappy non tier anything motors that sure got alot better mpg or used less fuel.

·
Registered
54 Posts

Not sure why they say 8.7L as they are actually 9.0L. Try walking down to your dealer and ask them to look up an 8.7L Iveoo engine for a 7010, they're not going to find it.

·
Registered
289 Posts

Spoke to a custom harvester this summer. He runs a fleet of older CR960 with Iveco engines. He said he would not trade until NH puts the Iveco back into the 960/9060.
I have friends which left Gleaner because of Cummins and I myself had lots and lots of problems with N14s.
As I said in another post, there must be a reason why so many other brands like Iveco, CAT, Mercedes and maybe Sisu get along without EGR. Cummins and JD don't and have problems.

·
Registered
620 Posts

I have been told the Iveco Cursor engine has an EGR system only it is not bolt on like most others, it is designed into the cylinder head and involves the valve porting/timing, piston design and fuel delivery. It is a heavily patented system from what I was told and involves no more moving parts than a pre-tier 3 designed engine. This sounds great can anyone confirm or deny this info, maybe its bs?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts